Windows XP Home Edition/XP Pro file-and activity/registry-..

hello!

i wonder whether Windows XP either Home Edition or XP Pro features a
built-in file-and activity/registry-key shredder rewriting over data in order
to securely delete them??

(otherwise it is necessary to choose such software among the many featured
on download.com and i need advice to know which one is the better)

so is the answer yes for Windows Home Edition and for XP Pro?

if it is no,it is a pity!

same question about adware/spyware protection...

"sunseeker" <sunseeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello!
>
> i wonder whether Windows XP either Home Edition or XP Pro features a
> built-in file-and activity/registry-key shredder rewriting over data in
> order
> to securely delete them??
>
> (otherwise it is necessary to choose such software among the many featured
> on download.com and i need advice to know which one is the better)
>
> so is the answer yes for Windows Home Edition and for XP Pro?
>
> if it is no,it is a pity!
>
> same question about adware/spyware protection...

Neither version of XP has anything to do that.

One easy-to-use, and free, tool is Eraser.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/eraser/ Integrates nicely with Explorer so
you can just right-click and Erase. I don't think it does anything to the
registry though... just files. (Not sure what you want to do with the
registry.)

--
Colin Nash
Microsoft MVP