Windows XP Home Edition/XP Pro file-and activity/registry-..

hello!

i wonder whether Windows XP either Home Edition or XP Pro features a
built-in file-and activity/registry-key shredder rewriting over data in order
to securely delete them??

(otherwise it is necessary to choose such software among the many featured
on download.com and i need advice to know which one is the better)

so is the answer yes for Windows Home Edition and for XP Pro?

if it is no,it is a pity!

same question about adware/spyware protection...
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home edition file activity registry

    "sunseeker" <sunseeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hello!
    >
    > i wonder whether Windows XP either Home Edition or XP Pro features a
    > built-in file-and activity/registry-key shredder rewriting over data in
    > order
    > to securely delete them??
    >
    > (otherwise it is necessary to choose such software among the many featured
    > on download.com and i need advice to know which one is the better)
    >
    > so is the answer yes for Windows Home Edition and for XP Pro?
    >
    > if it is no,it is a pity!
    >
    > same question about adware/spyware protection...

    Neither version of XP has anything to do that.

    One easy-to-use, and free, tool is Eraser.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/eraser/ Integrates nicely with Explorer so
    you can just right-click and Erase. I don't think it does anything to the
    registry though... just files. (Not sure what you want to do with the
    registry.)

    --
    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP