anyone know of a test..

anyone know of a test that will me the size of the videocards ram i have in
my system? i pulled the card out but there are no ID marks on it

--
Old McDonald Was Dyslexic
oeoeoeo

"Tejas57Fan" <Tejas@optusnet.com.au> wrote in

> anyone know of a test that will me the size of the
> videocards ram i have in my system? i pulled the card out
> but there are no ID marks on it

If you don't mind a few MBs download then Sisoft Sandra will
give you this info, along with more info about your machine than
you probably care to know.

You can either use a limited (in that you can't run all the
tests) or paid for version.

http://www.sisoftware.net/

"Tejas57Fan" <Tejas@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> anyone know of a test that will me the size of the videocards ram i have
in
> my system? i pulled the card out but there are no ID marks on it
>
> --
> Old McDonald Was Dyslexic
> oeoeoeo

Assuming you're using Windows, the display tab in directX should show it. If
you type "dxdiag" into the run box and then press enter you'll be in there -
no extra installations or software required!

Paul

Yepp. Dxdiag is fastest way to show you how much memory you have on board
the card. However, it can get confused for cards that share system memory
through agp slot. It is not very accurate either in that way, for older pre
1999 cards.

But as for Sisoft sandra, I don't like it. It is expensive. It is more of a
benchmark tool, than info tool.

Use Everest home edition (earlier Aida32). It is free, and shows you even
more info about your pc, in a better organized and easy way (IMHO). It can
show you which GPU (core) your card have and much more usefull info.

http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1&subpage=5

"Paul Murphy" <p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Tejas57Fan" <Tejas@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > anyone know of a test that will me the size of the videocards ram i have
> in
> > my system? i pulled the card out but there are no ID marks on it
> >
> > --
> > Old McDonald Was Dyslexic
> > oeoeoeo
> >
> Assuming you're using Windows, the display tab in directX should show it.
If
> you type "dxdiag" into the run box and then press enter you'll be in
there -
> no extra installations or software required!
>
> Paul

> > anyone know of a test that will me the size of the
> > videocards ram i have in my system? i pulled the card out
> > but there are no ID marks on it
> >

> If you don't mind a few MBs download then Sisoft Sandra will
> give you this info, along with more info about your machine than
> you probably care to know.
>
> You can either use a limited (in that you can't run all the
> tests) or paid for version.
>
> http://www.sisoftware.net/

thanks :)

"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in

> But as for Sisoft sandra, I don't like it. It is expensive.

Only if you go for the paid for version.

"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message

> Use Everest home edition (earlier Aida32). It is free, and shows you even
> more info about your pc, in a better organized and easy way (IMHO). It
can
> show you which GPU (core) your card have and much more usefull info.

Many thanks for the info about Everest...I tried it and am pretty
amazed...more info than I ever wanted...but now that I can get it, no
telling what use I will put it to...

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Tejas57Fan" <Tejas@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> anyone know of a test that will me the size of the videocards ram i
have in
> my system? i pulled the card out but there are no ID marks on it

Start > Run > DXDIAG > Display Tab......

glad to be of help..