Can't use wireless connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
May 7, 2004 5:11:10 PM

I have recently bought a new laptop. I also got a pc card to be able to use the router which is connected to a broadband connection. The internet connection works fine, but now the problem: I can't seem to connect to the other laptop which also uses a pc card. I've tried various wizards and trouble shooting sessions, but can't solve the problem. Any help?

More about : wireless connection

May 9, 2004 8:51:04 AM

Hi,

Uncheck the ICF in the Advanced tab in the Wireless Connection Properties. Not recommended but you should be able to see the other computer.. Work back from there to protect your network from outside access.