Questions from a wireles rookie

lloyd

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

I am currently running a small network with one Linksys router and an 8 port hub. There are four computers on the network. I am thinking about replacing the Linksys router with my new Netgear wireless router. However, for the time I just want to plug the wireless router into my network and run a wireless connection. If I plug the wireless routerinto my hub do I need to make any special configurations to my Linksys? What are some alternative ways to run the network toplogy in regards to the routers and hub? Thanks.

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

You have to change the IP address (LAN) of the Netgear router to the
range of Linksys router.

Disable DHCP server on the Netgear router.

Connect a cable from the hub to the Lan port on the Netgear router.

Now all you wireless system will get IP address and internet connection
from the Linksys router.

Your netgear router will act like Access point for wireless systems

Tarantula

Lloyd wrote:
> I am currently running a small network with one Linksys router and an 8 port hub. There are four computers on the network. I am thinking about replacing the Linksys router with my new Netgear wireless router. However, for the time I just want to plug the wireless router into my network and run a wireless connection. If I plug the wireless routerinto my hub do I need to make any special configurations to my Linksys? What are some alternative ways to run the network toplogy in regards to the routers and hub? Thanks.