Error 1075 while setting up firewall in WinXP SP2

installed SP2 on my Windows XP installation. I am not able to set up
the fire wall on my machine. When I click on the windows firewall icon
in the control panel I get a message saying that Internet connection
sharing service is not started and it tries to start the service bit
fails. I went to services and tried to start the service manually and
get this error " Could not start the Windos firewall/Internet
connection sharing service on hte local computer Error 1075: The
dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion"
Please help me fix this problem

devindergarg

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011