Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Vs Soud Blaster Live 5..1 FPS wi..

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Sound Blaster
  • FPS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 27, 2004 4:52:48 AM

I hear Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS will be alot better FPS wise than a
LIVE, is this true anyone dome some head to head reviews ?

Could prolong my PC a little while if i can get 20 fps more from games
byt just adding a better sound card.

Thanks.

More about : sound blaster audigy soud blaster live fps

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 4:52:49 AM

Regards the extra FPS from updating the video card, yes you will get more
FPS from a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS compared to a Soundblaster Live 5.1,
maybe in the order of 5% to 10%, but little more I doubt.

I love the flexibility of my Soundblaster 2 ZS Platinum Pro, but if you
really want to increase your performance (and audio quality) I'd suggest
getting a Nvidia based motherboard with onboard SoundStorm audio and a new
(more powerfull CPU). Those motherboards work superbly with ATi Graphics,
and the sound quality/flexibility is miles ahead of your SBLive.

CrimsonLiar

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:5mb9b0tofhh6a4dhr9jtobu9svs87l80l7@4ax.com...

> I hear Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS will be alot better FPS wise than a
> LIVE, is this true anyone dome some head to head reviews ?
>

> Could prolong my PC a little while if i can get 20 fps more from games
> byt just adding a better sound card.
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 4:52:50 AM

I just upgraded from a P4 system with a live card to an Abit SocketA nforce2
with soundstorm audio (NF7-S) and I can verify indeed what CrimsonLiar says
is accurate. The onboard sound is better quality and performance....by far.
I'm very happy with it!!

"CrimsonLiar" <trash@trash.com> wrote in message
news:p M5tc.302$oy6.259@newsfe2-gui.server.ntli.net...
> Regards the extra FPS from updating the video card, yes you will get more
> FPS from a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS compared to a Soundblaster Live 5.1,
> maybe in the order of 5% to 10%, but little more I doubt.
>
> I love the flexibility of my Soundblaster 2 ZS Platinum Pro, but if you
> really want to increase your performance (and audio quality) I'd suggest
> getting a Nvidia based motherboard with onboard SoundStorm audio and a new
> (more powerfull CPU). Those motherboards work superbly with ATi Graphics,
> and the sound quality/flexibility is miles ahead of your SBLive.
>
> CrimsonLiar
>
> "We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
> message news:5mb9b0tofhh6a4dhr9jtobu9svs87l80l7@4ax.com...
> >

> > I hear Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS will be alot better FPS wise than a
> > LIVE, is this true anyone dome some head to head reviews ?
> >

> > Could prolong my PC a little while if i can get 20 fps more from games
> > byt just adding a better sound card.
> >
> > Thanks.

May 27, 2004 8:02:50 AM

Any AMD 64 mobos with soundstorm ???

How about just a normal soundcard with soundstorm ?

Thanks.

On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:57:39 +0100, "CrimsonLiar" <trash@trash.com>
wrote:

>Regards the extra FPS from updating the video card, yes you will get more
>FPS from a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS compared to a Soundblaster Live 5.1,
>maybe in the order of 5% to 10%, but little more I doubt.
>
>I love the flexibility of my Soundblaster 2 ZS Platinum Pro, but if you
>really want to increase your performance (and audio quality) I'd suggest
>getting a Nvidia based motherboard with onboard SoundStorm audio and a new
>(more powerfull CPU). Those motherboards work superbly with ATi Graphics,
>and the sound quality/flexibility is miles ahead of your SBLive.
>
>CrimsonLiar
>
>"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
>message news:5mb9b0tofhh6a4dhr9jtobu9svs87l80l7@4ax.com...
>>

>> I hear Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS will be alot better FPS wise than a
>> LIVE, is this true anyone dome some head to head reviews ?
>>

>> Could prolong my PC a little while if i can get 20 fps more from games
>> byt just adding a better sound card.
>>
>> Thanks.

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 8:02:51 AM

As of yet Nvidia havent included Soundstorm on any AMD64 mobos, though they
did release a picture that suggested a soundstorm PCI card was a
possibility. Alas thats all folks...

message news:1tm9b05u7eqa6o2fglt8u619ufagq4i9ju@4ax.com...

> Any AMD 64 mobos with soundstorm ???
>
> How about just a normal soundcard with soundstorm ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:57:39 +0100, "CrimsonLiar" <trash@trash.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Regards the extra FPS from updating the video card, yes you will get more
> >FPS from a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS compared to a Soundblaster Live 5.1,
> >maybe in the order of 5% to 10%, but little more I doubt.
> >
> >I love the flexibility of my Soundblaster 2 ZS Platinum Pro, but if you
> >really want to increase your performance (and audio quality) I'd suggest
> >getting a Nvidia based motherboard with onboard SoundStorm audio and a
new
> >(more powerfull CPU). Those motherboards work superbly with ATi
Graphics,
> >and the sound quality/flexibility is miles ahead of your SBLive.
> >
> >CrimsonLiar
> >
> >"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
> >message news:5mb9b0tofhh6a4dhr9jtobu9svs87l80l7@4ax.com...
> >>

> >> I hear Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS will be alot better FPS wise than a
> >> LIVE, is this true anyone dome some head to head reviews ?
> >>

> >> Could prolong my PC a little while if i can get 20 fps more from games
> >> byt just adding a better sound card.
> >>
> >> Thanks.

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 3:45:57 PM

Yeah ive hear some reviews, but iam not getting a new boards as yet so
ill Stick with a Audidgy 2 ZS it aint htta bad right :)

And with a set of Logitec Z-5300s i should be ok.

On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:57:44 GMT, "Odie" <observer_11@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I just upgraded from a P4 system with a live card to an Abit SocketA nforce2
>with soundstorm audio (NF7-S) and I can verify indeed what CrimsonLiar says
>is accurate. The onboard sound is better quality and performance....by far.
>I'm very happy with it!!
>

>"CrimsonLiar" <trash@trash.com> wrote in message
>news:p M5tc.302$oy6.259@newsfe2-gui.server.ntli.net...
>> Regards the extra FPS from updating the video card, yes you will get more
>> FPS from a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS compared to a Soundblaster Live 5.1,
>> maybe in the order of 5% to 10%, but little more I doubt.
>>
>> I love the flexibility of my Soundblaster 2 ZS Platinum Pro, but if you
>> really want to increase your performance (and audio quality) I'd suggest
>> getting a Nvidia based motherboard with onboard SoundStorm audio and a new
>> (more powerfull CPU). Those motherboards work superbly with ATi Graphics,
>> and the sound quality/flexibility is miles ahead of your SBLive.
>>
>> CrimsonLiar
>>
>> "We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
>> message news:5mb9b0tofhh6a4dhr9jtobu9svs87l80l7@4ax.com...
>> >

>> > I hear Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS will be alot better FPS wise than a
>> > LIVE, is this true anyone dome some head to head reviews ?
>> >

>> > Could prolong my PC a little while if i can get 20 fps more from games
>> > byt just adding a better sound card.
>> >
>> > Thanks.

May 31, 2004 9:57:12 PM

> Yeah ive hear some reviews, but iam not getting a new boards as yet so
> ill Stick with a Audidgy 2 ZS it aint htta bad right :)
>
> And with a set of Logitec Z-5300s i should be ok.

I wouldnt go ditching an Audigy for Soundstorm .. unless I really needed the
realtime dolby 5.1 encoding. Audigy has the EAX3 which SS doesn't, and about
the same CPU usage I believe.. Maybe the audigy2 is even less CPU hungry
than nv soundstorm.
Anonymous
June 1, 2004 6:46:48 AM

"Shaun" <shaun@nothanks.com.au> wrote in message
news:o %Buc.226$Ih5.4214@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
> > Yeah ive hear some reviews, but iam not getting a new boards as yet so
> > ill Stick with a Audidgy 2 ZS it aint htta bad right :)
> >
> > And with a set of Logitec Z-5300s i should be ok.
> >

> I wouldnt go ditching an Audigy for Soundstorm .. unless I really needed
the
> realtime dolby 5.1 encoding. Audigy has the EAX3 which SS doesn't, and
about
> the same CPU usage I believe.. Maybe the audigy2 is even less CPU hungry
> than nv soundstorm.

There is more, All Audigy cards have a new driver update that gives them
EAX 4 capability (win XP only, I think). Just download the driver update
from Creative. Very nice since Creative doesn't license EAX above 2 to
anyone. I can't blame them. So you won't get EAX 3 or 4 out of any other
card
Anonymous
June 1, 2004 5:43:24 PM

"Daniel Czajko" <NO!SP!PP!AM_daniel@rodzinka.com> wrote in message

> "Shaun" <shaun@nothanks.com.au> wrote in message
> news:o %Buc.226$Ih5.4214@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
> > > Yeah ive hear some reviews, but iam not getting a new boards as yet so
> > > ill Stick with a Audidgy 2 ZS it aint htta bad right :)
> > >
> > > And with a set of Logitec Z-5300s i should be ok.
> > >

> > I wouldnt go ditching an Audigy for Soundstorm .. unless I really needed
> the
> > realtime dolby 5.1 encoding. Audigy has the EAX3 which SS doesn't, and
> about
> > the same CPU usage I believe.. Maybe the audigy2 is even less CPU hungry
> > than nv soundstorm.
> >

> There is more, All Audigy cards have a new driver update that gives them
> EAX 4 capability (win XP only, I think). Just download the driver update
> from Creative. Very nice since Creative doesn't license EAX above 2 to
> anyone. I can't blame them. So you won't get EAX 3 or 4 out of any other
> card

IMHO EAX is over-rated. I have never had a game where it worked to my
satisfaction. Always some screech, or bleep, or worse some kind of feedback
loop, or effects that sound out of place (not to mention the performance
hits). Based on my experiences I wouldn't waste money on an EAX 3 or 4 card.
Surround sound is good enough for me ;)
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 3:53:42 AM

Yeah an A3D card disk Creatives BUTTTT wish they were still arround
A3D 5.0 by now :)

Still got my old Vortex 2, never had it on 5.1 to try it out realy
well.

See ya.

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:43:24 +0800, "Blahguy" <z@z.z> wrote:

>"Daniel Czajko" <NO!SP!PP!AM_daniel@rodzinka.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Shaun" <shaun@nothanks.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:o %Buc.226$Ih5.4214@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...

>> > I wouldnt go ditching an Audigy for Soundstorm .. unless I really needed
>> the
>> > realtime dolby 5.1 encoding. Audigy has the EAX3 which SS doesn't, and
>> about
>> > the same CPU usage I believe.. Maybe the audigy2 is even less CPU hungry
>> > than nv soundstorm.
>> >

>> There is more, All Audigy cards have a new driver update that gives them
>> EAX 4 capability (win XP only, I think). Just download the driver update
>> from Creative. Very nice since Creative doesn't license EAX above 2 to
>> anyone. I can't blame them. So you won't get EAX 3 or 4 out of any other
>> card
>>

>IMHO EAX is over-rated. I have never had a game where it worked to my
>satisfaction. Always some screech, or bleep, or worse some kind of feedback
>loop, or effects that sound out of place (not to mention the performance
>hits). Based on my experiences I wouldn't waste money on an EAX 3 or 4 card.
>Surround sound is good enough for me ;)

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 3:26:04 AM

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:53:42 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Yeah an A3D card disk Creatives BUTTTT wish they were still arround
>A3D 5.0 by now :)
>
>Still got my old Vortex 2, never had it on 5.1 to try it out realy
>well.

Yeah... those A3D cards really kicked ass.... to bad they lost it,
they were giving CL a run for their money, I still have my old
one.... not being used.

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.
!