Overdrive?

I keep seeing postings about overdrive and I don't have it. I use Omega
drivers so I can overclock. Just wondered why I never saw overdrive.
My card is ATI 9600XT Retail bought from Newegg.com I got no
HL2 coupon and no overdrive. I wish Nvidia made a good capture/
3dcard I'd go back in a heartbeat

More about overdrive

    Your 9600XT is probably the R96A model (u can check it written on the
    video card, on the top front side). I had it, and saw no overdrive. Changed
    it today (had been having trouble with tv-out signal) and they gave me the
    same card, but R96T model; it has a more 'stylish' fan, with bigger fan sink
    and a red led. Asides of that, and the fact that it enables overdrive in the
    display menu, can't see any other difference (just don't kown if it really
    increases performance).

    "tk" <tk@home.com> escribió en el mensaje news:40b4b6ea$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    > I keep seeing postings about overdrive and I don't have it. I use Omega
    > drivers so I can overclock. Just wondered why I never saw overdrive.
    > My card is ATI 9600XT Retail bought from Newegg.com I got no
    > HL2 coupon and no overdrive. I wish Nvidia made a good capture/
    > 3dcard I'd go back in a heartbeat

    News==----
    Newsgroups
    =---

    Thanks for the response and I should clarify that this card does a fantastic
    job of capturing and I couldn't be happier with that aspect, I guess I am
    just
    used to the 3d tweaks for Nvidia cards.Reforce is working nicely so far for
    my ATI :-)

    "Minstro" <putoboss@iname.com> wrote in message

    > Your 9600XT is probably the R96A model (u can check it written on the
    > video card, on the top front side). I had it, and saw no overdrive.
    > Changed
    > it today (had been having trouble with tv-out signal) and they gave me the
    > same card, but R96T model; it has a more 'stylish' fan, with bigger fan
    > sink
    > and a red led. Asides of that, and the fact that it enables overdrive in
    > the
    > display menu, can't see any other difference (just don't kown if it really
    > increases performance).
    >

    > "tk" <tk@home.com> escribió en el mensaje news:40b4b6ea$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    >> I keep seeing postings about overdrive and I don't have it. I use Omega
    >> drivers so I can overclock. Just wondered why I never saw overdrive.
    >> My card is ATI 9600XT Retail bought from Newegg.com I got no
    >> HL2 coupon and no overdrive. I wish Nvidia made a good capture/
    >> 3dcard I'd go back in a heartbeat

    > News==----
    >> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
    > Newsgroups
    >> ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
    >> Encryption
    > =---

    Be sure to give Radclocker, Atitool and OmegaDrivers a shot when you have
    time.

    Radclocker is wonderful tool! You can make game shortcuts on desktop (called
    radlinks), which autoapply gfx settings (and terminate when game exit) like
    clockrate, tex/mipmap quality, v-sync, AA and AF levels and much more, and
    launch the game. it is clean and neat to have on pc, does not reside in
    memory!

    "tk" <tk@home.com> wrote in message news:40b54305_1@127.0.0.1...
    > Thanks for the response and I should clarify that this card does a
    fantastic
    > job of capturing and I couldn't be happier with that aspect, I guess I am
    > just
    > used to the 3d tweaks for Nvidia cards.Reforce is working nicely so far
    for
    > my ATI :-)
    >

    > "Minstro" <putoboss@iname.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Your 9600XT is probably the R96A model (u can check it written on the
    > > video card, on the top front side). I had it, and saw no overdrive.
    > > Changed
    > > it today (had been having trouble with tv-out signal) and they gave me
    the
    > > same card, but R96T model; it has a more 'stylish' fan, with bigger fan
    > > sink
    > > and a red led. Asides of that, and the fact that it enables overdrive in
    > > the
    > > display menu, can't see any other difference (just don't kown if it
    really
    > > increases performance).
    > >

    > > "tk" <tk@home.com> escribió en el mensaje news:40b4b6ea$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    > >> I keep seeing postings about overdrive and I don't have it. I use Omega
    > >> drivers so I can overclock. Just wondered why I never saw overdrive.
    > >> My card is ATI 9600XT Retail bought from Newegg.com I got no
    > >> HL2 coupon and no overdrive. I wish Nvidia made a good capture/
    > >> 3dcard I'd go back in a heartbeat

    > > News==----
    > >> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
    > > Newsgroups
    > >> ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
    > >> Encryption
    > > =---

    News==----
    Newsgroups
    =---

    Thanks I'll give radlinker a shot, sounds like a great utility.

    "tk" <tk@home.com> wrote in message news:40b4b6ea$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    > I keep seeing postings about overdrive and I don't have it. I use Omega
    > drivers so I can overclock. Just wondered why I never saw overdrive.
    > My card is ATI 9600XT Retail bought from Newegg.com I got no
    > HL2 coupon and no overdrive. I wish Nvidia made a good capture/
    > 3dcard I'd go back in a heartbeat

    News==----
    Newsgroups
    =---

    The overclocking feature was not available in some previous ATI drivers. If
    you did not follow ATI's intructions updating the driver by completely
    removing the old driver first, then you will not get the overdrive checkbox
    in the properties tab.

Radeon Overdrive ATI Graphics