Ati TV Wonder problem

Hi everyone!
I've a little problem.
I've an Ati TV Wonder VE, and this system:
p2 350 mhz
380mb ram
windows xp professional
matrox g400 dual head
etc.

i've this problem:
installing the correct driver for my ati tv wonder, i tried to install the
multimedia center (mmc) 7.9, then the 8.9 and the 9.0, but when i've to make
the scan for the frequency to configure the video channel, the program don't
ask to me the region (i'm in italy and i've antenna as tv connection). so i
can't scan for channels.

last time i install this tv wonder (in windows xp, same condition) i was
able to configure it and watch tv!

and now?? what can i do?

thank a lot!!
and sorry for my bad english!

I am in US, so don't know if you have to install the DAO program as well.
When I installed 8.9 or 9.0, I just uninstalled previous MMC, then installed
new MMC. But, it did not work. So I uninstalled MMC, reinstalled DAO, then
installed MMC, and all is well.

"|Pippus|" <pippus(TOGLIMI)@(LEVAMI)aliceposta.it> wrote in message

> Hi everyone!
> I've a little problem.
> I've an Ati TV Wonder VE, and this system:
> p2 350 mhz
> 380mb ram
> windows xp professional
> matrox g400 dual head
> etc.
>
> i've this problem:
> installing the correct driver for my ati tv wonder, i tried to install the
> multimedia center (mmc) 7.9, then the 8.9 and the 9.0, but when i've to
make
> the scan for the frequency to configure the video channel, the program
don't
> ask to me the region (i'm in italy and i've antenna as tv connection). so
> can't scan for channels.
>
> last time i install this tv wonder (in windows xp, same condition) i was
> able to configure it and watch tv!
>
> and now?? what can i do?
>
> thank a lot!!
> and sorry for my bad english!

On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:02:13 GMT, "|Pippus|"
<pippus(TOGLIMI)@(LEVAMI)aliceposta.it> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>I've a little problem.
>I've an Ati TV Wonder VE, and this system:
>p2 350 mhz
>380mb ram
>windows xp professional
>matrox g400 dual head
>etc.
>
>i've this problem:
>installing the correct driver for my ati tv wonder, i tried to install the
>multimedia center (mmc) 7.9, then the 8.9 and the 9.0, but when i've to make
>the scan for the frequency to configure the video channel, the program don't
>ask to me the region (i'm in italy and i've antenna as tv connection). so i
>can't scan for channels.
>
>last time i install this tv wonder (in windows xp, same condition) i was
>able to configure it and watch tv!
>
>and now?? what can i do?
>
>thank a lot!!
>and sorry for my bad english!

Sounds like you may have installed DX9.0b, Pippus. It's really time
M$ put a warning about this on the DX9.0b download pages - it breaks
PAL and SECAM tuners.

There's a fix available from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8dfd1b6d-e177-4a0e-91d0-b4310675b02b&DisplayLang=en.

patrickp

> Sounds like you may have installed DX9.0b, Pippus. It's really time
> M$ put a warning about this on the DX9.0b download pages - it breaks
> PAL and SECAM tuners.
>
> There's a fix available from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8dfd1b6d-e177-4a0e-91d0-b4310675b02b&DisplayLang=en.

Thanks a lot patrick!!
the problem was from directx 9.0b!
i installed the patch and now it works!!

thanks!

bye!!

Pippus

> I am in US, so don't know if you have to install the DAO program as well.
> When I installed 8.9 or 9.0, I just uninstalled previous MMC, then
installed
> new MMC. But, it did not work. So I uninstalled MMC, reinstalled DAO,
then
> installed MMC, and all is well.

The problem was caused by directx 9.0b

i installed a patch, and now it works