Turok 2 on Ati 9600se.. no-problem:)

I was looking through my old collection of games, when I found this one.
Turok2.
Last time I played this was in 800x600 on my Voodoo2 card. Now I wanted to
try it again. After what seemed like an hour to install back in 1999, it
took only 1 minute on 52X cdrw drive.

I tried to run the game, well.. no go. Installed a glide wrapper, enabled
4xAA and game came to life. I was glad to see that Activision iguana again.

Game ran fine for as long I played it. I had to enable v-sync tough ;). But
It was so much fun to play compaired to several latest games. Riding those
dinos with grenade launchers.. cool.

I cheated and get all weapons. I was amazed by how many DIFFERENT weapons it
offered.. Nowaday fps games rarely offer more than 10 weapons, (excluding
grenades and such). This game had about 19 weapons, all different. And i'm
not talking about "presumed weapons" that are nothing more than different
crosshairs (Ghost-recon), real detailed weapons.

Which fps game has ever provided you with everything from a bow to shotgun,
flamethrower to a nuke gun! And man that last one is a real blast.. I just
love that weapon. Not only it looked great, had great sfx, visual fx even
the load time for weapon is thrilling.! My favorite weapon of all time.

Can you post the specific glide wrapper you used, and where to get it?

--
Tony DiMarzio
djtone81@hotmail.com

"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> I was looking through my old collection of games, when I found this one.
> Turok2.
> Last time I played this was in 800x600 on my Voodoo2 card. Now I wanted to
> try it again. After what seemed like an hour to install back in 1999, it
> took only 1 minute on 52X cdrw drive.
>
> I tried to run the game, well.. no go. Installed a glide wrapper, enabled
> 4xAA and game came to life. I was glad to see that Activision iguana
again.

> Game ran fine for as long I played it. I had to enable v-sync tough ;).
But
> It was so much fun to play compaired to several latest games. Riding those
> dinos with grenade launchers.. cool.
>
> I cheated and get all weapons. I was amazed by how many DIFFERENT weapons
it
> offered.. Nowaday fps games rarely offer more than 10 weapons, (excluding
> grenades and such). This game had about 19 weapons, all different. And i'm
> not talking about "presumed weapons" that are nothing more than different
> crosshairs (Ghost-recon), real detailed weapons.
>
> Which fps game has ever provided you with everything from a bow to
shotgun,
> flamethrower to a nuke gun! And man that last one is a real blast.. I just
> love that weapon. Not only it looked great, had great sfx, visual fx even
> the load time for weapon is thrilling.! My favorite weapon of all time.

I tried Openglide at first, it was not working. Then I tried eVoodoo v.3.2,
which ran pretty smoothly tough. You can get it from voodoofiles.com.

Here's tha link
http://www.voodoofiles.com/5834

"Tony DiMarzio" <djtone81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can you post the specific glide wrapper you used, and where to get it?
>
> --
> Tony DiMarzio
> djtone81@hotmail.com
> djraid@comcast.net
>

> "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> > I was looking through my old collection of games, when I found this one.
> > Turok2.
> > Last time I played this was in 800x600 on my Voodoo2 card. Now I wanted
> > try it again. After what seemed like an hour to install back in 1999, it
> > took only 1 minute on 52X cdrw drive.
> >
> > I tried to run the game, well.. no go. Installed a glide wrapper,
enabled
> > 4xAA and game came to life. I was glad to see that Activision iguana
> again.
> >
> > Game ran fine for as long I played it. I had to enable v-sync tough ;).
> But
> > It was so much fun to play compaired to several latest games. Riding
those
> > dinos with grenade launchers.. cool.
> >
> > I cheated and get all weapons. I was amazed by how many DIFFERENT
weapons
> it
> > offered.. Nowaday fps games rarely offer more than 10 weapons,
(excluding
> > grenades and such). This game had about 19 weapons, all different. And
i'm
> > not talking about "presumed weapons" that are nothing more than
different
> > crosshairs (Ghost-recon), real detailed weapons.
> >
> > Which fps game has ever provided you with everything from a bow to
> shotgun,
> > flamethrower to a nuke gun! And man that last one is a real blast.. I
just
> > love that weapon. Not only it looked great, had great sfx, visual fx
even
> > the load time for weapon is thrilling.! My favorite weapon of all time.

Hmmm.. eVoodoo v3.2 doesn't seem to work for me. eVoodoo DOES work in
UltraHLE, proving that it is possible for it to translate glide calls to
direct3d calls which my 9800pro will execute, but when I try it in turok 2
all I get is a grey screen. Was there any specific tweaking you did to get
it to render properly?

The other weird thing is that only multiplayer works!? "Turok2MPEnglish.exe"

"Turok2English.exe" results in nothing at all. executes. hour glass for 2
seconds. then nothing. What gives?

Finally, I am able to get Turok2 to work in multiplayer through direct3d,
but I'm sure that it doesn't look nearly as good as it will if I can get the
glide wrapper to work.