AIW 9700Pro cannot record with audio

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

Abit IC-7G
P 4 3.06 HT
Creative Audigy 2 Platinum
OnBoard Audit disabled on BIOS

I am NOT able to record video with audio.

I have tried every suggestion given here.

Sound is perfect on playback with the cable plugged in the line in of
the sound card. On the analog TV Tuner on Mono.

It is only when I try to record TV that only video image records. NO
AUDIO.

I have checked and unchecked and reinitialize and done about
everything under the sun.

I am frustrated. Beaten that I cannot record tv shows..

ANY suggestions ideas pacthes available for my setup will be very
appreciated.

Are you playing the recorded video with ATI's file player? I have to play my
recorded video back with WM Player 9 or my Creative Labs' media player if I
want to hear the video. I have an AIW 9800 Pro using Cat 4.3/MMC 8.8.

--
--irv segal
iceeagle.spammenot@comcast.net

<Joseph> wrote in message news:u9bab0h1mae71uf4ma57vbusqu18sbbga5@4ax.com...
> Abit IC-7G
> P 4 3.06 HT
> Creative Audigy 2 Platinum
> OnBoard Audit disabled on BIOS
>

> I am NOT able to record video with audio.
>
> I have tried every suggestion given here.
>
> Sound is perfect on playback with the cable plugged in the line in of
> the sound card. On the analog TV Tuner on Mono.
>
> It is only when I try to record TV that only video image records. NO
> AUDIO.
>
> I have checked and unchecked and reinitialize and done about
> everything under the sun.
>
> I am frustrated. Beaten that I cannot record tv shows..
>

> ANY suggestions ideas pacthes available for my setup will be very
> appreciated.

<Joseph> wrote in message news:u9bab0h1mae71uf4ma57vbusqu18sbbga5@4ax.com...
> Abit IC-7G
> P 4 3.06 HT
> Creative Audigy 2 Platinum
> OnBoard Audit disabled on BIOS
>

> I am NOT able to record video with audio.
>
> I have tried every suggestion given here.
>
> Sound is perfect on playback with the cable plugged in the line in of
> the sound card. On the analog TV Tuner on Mono.
>
> It is only when I try to record TV that only video image records. NO
> AUDIO.
>
> I have checked and unchecked and reinitialize and done about
> everything under the sun.
>
> I am frustrated. Beaten that I cannot record tv shows..
>

> ANY suggestions ideas pacthes available for my setup will be very
> appreciated.

Audigy2s are a pain. Wish I had bought something else.

I'm using an AIW128pro with MMC7.7 so your mileage may vary. This is what I
had to do to get the Audigy2 to work reasonably well with MMC.

Get the latest drivers from Creative. they finally have ones that don't
require the originals from the CD.

Boot to Safe Mode. Uninstall MMC and all of the Creative software

Reboot. Install MMC. The version your AIW takes.

Reboot. Then install the Creative >drivers only<. Last time I looked there
was a full version and an update to it.

I think I then had to Repair MMC. Maybe you won't.

Running the initialization wizard in TV Play select "Analog Mix(line
/CD/etc). Dialog box comes up that it cannot configure audio. Click on the
port you have the audio from the AIW coming from. I have it plugged into the
auxiliary. TV Player doesn't save settings until it closes.

In the Audio Mixer(should be Windows mixer not Creative) make sure the
port you have the audio from the AIW coming from is visible and not muted.
Switch to Recording. Select "Analog Mix"

If need be try recording in different formats. In case theirs a codec
problem.

Hope this helps.

I don't intend to buy another Creative product.

You can have your cake and eat it too, but its a disgusting proposition.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

Thanks for you help..........I reinstalled new
drivers.....................selected in the initialization
Analog/Line................................wala...........it freaking
works..

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS