New AIW 9000 - no sound

Hi,
Just got an ati AIW Pro 9000 (64mb) (retail box) from Newegg. Picture is
just fine but I can't get any sound in TV mode no matter what I try. Audio
card is a Soundblaster Live! that seems to work just fine in all respects
except this TV sound issue. I used the AIW provided patch cord to the S
Video Out port on the AIW and the mini plug on the other end to the Line In
port on the SBL. Actually, I have now tried *every* port on the SBL with
every possible setting allowed by Multimedia TV Ssound Installation Wizard.
Nothing! Have confirmed setting on SndVol (Windows volun controller) an all
are correct. I know the SBL Line In is good because I have used it with the
proper output from a stereo amplifier to record old LP albums to put on CDs.
I also tried it on Mic In because I use a mic a lot for voice recognition.
Nada! O/S is Win2000 with all updates.
Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Ron

Are you sure the default mute on linein is disabled...i used to have the
same problem and thats what it was.

"RON ²ºº¹" <lawnet1nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Just got an ati AIW Pro 9000 (64mb) (retail box) from Newegg. Picture is
> just fine but I can't get any sound in TV mode no matter what I try. Audio
> card is a Soundblaster Live! that seems to work just fine in all respects
> except this TV sound issue. I used the AIW provided patch cord to the S
> Video Out port on the AIW and the mini plug on the other end to the Line
In
> port on the SBL. Actually, I have now tried *every* port on the SBL with
> every possible setting allowed by Multimedia TV Ssound Installation
Wizard.
> Nothing! Have confirmed setting on SndVol (Windows volun controller) an
all
> are correct. I know the SBL Line In is good because I have used it with
the
> proper output from a stereo amplifier to record old LP albums to put on
CDs.
> I also tried it on Mic In because I use a mic a lot for voice recognition.
> Nada! O/S is Win2000 with all updates.
> Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
> Regards,
> Ron

Hi Tim,
Yes, Line In mute is NOT checked, so it should be active. Thanks for the
info. It must be something else at fault.
Regards,
Ron
"Tim Brown" <tuffgong@charter.net> wrote in message
| Are you sure the default mute on linein is disabled...i used to have the
| same problem and thats what it was.
|
| "RON ²ºº¹" <lawnet1nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
| > Hi,
| > Just got an ati AIW Pro 9000 (64mb) (retail box) from Newegg. Picture is
| > just fine but I can't get any sound in TV mode no matter what I try.
Audio
| > card is a Soundblaster Live! that seems to work just fine in all
respects
| > except this TV sound issue. I used the AIW provided patch cord to the S
| > Video Out port on the AIW and the mini plug on the other end to the Line
| In
| > port on the SBL. Actually, I have now tried *every* port on the SBL with
| > every possible setting allowed by Multimedia TV Ssound Installation
| Wizard.
| > Nothing! Have confirmed setting on SndVol (Windows volun controller) an
| all
| > are correct. I know the SBL Line In is good because I have used it with
| the
| > proper output from a stereo amplifier to record old LP albums to put on
| CDs.
| > I also tried it on Mic In because I use a mic a lot for voice
recognition.
| > Nada! O/S is Win2000 with all updates.
| > Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
| > Regards,
| > Ron

"RON ²ºº¹" <lawnet1nospam@netzero.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Just got an ati AIW Pro 9000 (64mb) (retail box) from Newegg. Picture is
> just fine but I can't get any sound in TV mode no matter what I try. Audio
> card is a Soundblaster Live! that seems to work just fine in all respects
> except this TV sound issue. I used the AIW provided patch cord to the S
> Video Out port on the AIW and the mini plug on the other end to the Line
In
> port on the SBL.
<snip>
> Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
> Regards,
> Ron

It's rather congested round the back of my PC so hard to check now, but I'm
sure the LINE IN to my sound card comes from a LINE OUT minijack, possibly
from the ATI multiconnector.
Certainly not from S-Video anyway.

Laurence

On Thu, 27 May 2004 03:43:22 GMT, "RON ²ºº¹"
<lawnet1nospam@netzero.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>Just got an ati AIW Pro 9000 (64mb) (retail box) from Newegg. Picture is
>just fine but I can't get any sound in TV mode no matter what I try. Audio
>card is a Soundblaster Live! that seems to work just fine in all respects
>except this TV sound issue. I used the AIW provided patch cord to the S
>Video Out port on the AIW and the mini plug on the other end to the Line In
>port on the SBL. Actually, I have now tried *every* port on the SBL with
>every possible setting allowed by Multimedia TV Ssound Installation Wizard.
>Nothing! Have confirmed setting on SndVol (Windows volun controller) an all
>are correct. I know the SBL Line In is good because I have used it with the
>proper output from a stereo amplifier to record old LP albums to put on CDs.
>I also tried it on Mic In because I use a mic a lot for voice recognition.
>Nada! O/S is Win2000 with all updates.
>Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
>Regards,
>Ron

AIR from when I had an AIW, the best method is to use the _internal_
connectors between AIW and soundcard, Ron - you should have got a lead
for it with the card.

patrickp