Nintendo says next console may be ready at E3

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

Nintendo says next console may be ready at E3
Thu May 27, 2004 03:20 AM ET

MORE

TOKYO, May 27 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.OS: Quote, Profile,
Research) said on Thursday it may be able to display its
next-generation game console that will be the successor to its
GameCube machine at next year's E3 video game industry trade show.
Nintendo told reporters at a briefing in Osaka that it would like to
debut the machine at the game industry's premier event, which is
usually held in May.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata promised at this year's E3, held
earlier this month, that Nintendo's next-generation console would
create a "gaming revolution", since it would redefine how people play
video games.

Dave Orton (ATI's main man) said a year or so ago that they'd have to
be ready by 2005, referring to the graphics processor for next-gen
consoles, including Nintendo's. Obviously Nintendo isn't going to
*release* their new console next year, just *maybe* show it at E3
2005. release will happen in 2006 around the time of PS3. The
Gamecube is almost certainly still going to have a 5 year lifecycle,
like the N64 and SNES did.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

R420 wrote:

<38th news item posted today snipped>

Do you have a job?

-Z-

"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

___

> Nintendo says next console may be ready at E3
> Thu May 27, 2004 03:20 AM ET
>
> MORE
>
> TOKYO, May 27 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.OS: Quote, Profile,
> Research) said on Thursday it may be able to display its
> next-generation game console that will be the successor to its
> GameCube machine at next year's E3 video game industry trade show.
> Nintendo told reporters at a briefing in Osaka that it would like to
> debut the machine at the game industry's premier event, which is
> usually held in May.
>
> Nintendo president Satoru Iwata promised at this year's E3, held
> earlier this month, that Nintendo's next-generation console would
> create a "gaming revolution", since it would redefine how people play
> video games.

nintendo has a lot of hype to live up to, calling it a "gaming revolution"
hahahahaha. i know for sure this is the hype that will be the downfall of
nintendo, and i know for sure they will not live up to the hype. thank you
and happy gaming on the XBox 2 and PS3.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Me: Yeah, but a litter box doesn't run up to you and want you to pet it.
"master cheif will shoot mario in the head" <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:Zmrtc.4846$hM4.1128@twister.socal.rr.com...

> "R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

> ___
> >
> > Nintendo says next console may be ready at E3
> > Thu May 27, 2004 03:20 AM ET
> >
> > MORE
> >
> > TOKYO, May 27 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.OS: Quote, Profile,
> > Research) said on Thursday it may be able to display its
> > next-generation game console that will be the successor to its
> > GameCube machine at next year's E3 video game industry trade show.
> > Nintendo told reporters at a briefing in Osaka that it would like to
> > debut the machine at the game industry's premier event, which is
> > usually held in May.
> >
> > Nintendo president Satoru Iwata promised at this year's E3, held
> > earlier this month, that Nintendo's next-generation console would
> > create a "gaming revolution", since it would redefine how people play
> > video games.
>
> nintendo has a lot of hype to live up to, calling it a "gaming revolution"
> hahahahaha. i know for sure this is the hype that will be the downfall of
> nintendo, and i know for sure they will not live up to the hype. thank you
> and happy gaming on the XBox 2 and PS3.

Don't cry Jess, we know this is eating you up.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

<snip>
> Dave Orton (ATI's main man) said a year or so ago that they'd have to
> be ready by 2005, referring to the graphics processor for next-gen
> consoles, including Nintendo's. Obviously Nintendo isn't going to
> *release* their new console next year, just *maybe* show it at E3
> 2005. release will happen in 2006 around the time of PS3. The
> Gamecube is almost certainly still going to have a 5 year lifecycle,
> like the N64 and SNES did.

At least Big N are starting to learn from Sony's hype machine and finally
doing it themselves!

Jonathan

"Andrew Murray" <news@NOSPAMminilimitededitions.cjb.net> wrote in message
> "R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627
> >
> <snip>
> > Dave Orton (ATI's main man) said a year or so ago that they'd have to
> > be ready by 2005, referring to the graphics processor for next-gen
> > consoles, including Nintendo's. Obviously Nintendo isn't going to
> > *release* their new console next year, just *maybe* show it at E3
> > 2005. release will happen in 2006 around the time of PS3. The
> > Gamecube is almost certainly still going to have a 5 year lifecycle,
> > like the N64 and SNES did.
>
> At least Big N are starting to learn from Sony's hype machine and finally
> doing it themselves!

Yes. I have been saying it for a long time. Nintendo need to hype hype hype.
Previously Nintendo has actually been known to DOWNPLAY their
techonology....

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"master cheif will shoot mario in the head" <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:Zmrtc.4846$hM4.1128@twister.socal.rr.com...

> "R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

> ___
> >
> > Nintendo says next console may be ready at E3
> > Thu May 27, 2004 03:20 AM ET
> >
> > MORE
> >
> > TOKYO, May 27 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.OS: Quote, Profile,
> > Research) said on Thursday it may be able to display its
> > next-generation game console that will be the successor to its
> > GameCube machine at next year's E3 video game industry trade show.
> > Nintendo told reporters at a briefing in Osaka that it would like to
> > debut the machine at the game industry's premier event, which is
> > usually held in May.
> >
> > Nintendo president Satoru Iwata promised at this year's E3, held
> > earlier this month, that Nintendo's next-generation console would
> > create a "gaming revolution", since it would redefine how people play
> > video games.
>
> nintendo has a lot of hype to live up to, calling it a "gaming revolution"
> hahahahaha. i know for sure this is the hype that will be the downfall of
> nintendo, and i know for sure they will not live up to the hype. thank you
> and happy gaming on the XBox 2 and PS3.

Prick! *All* of the videogame companies hype up their machines, Sony is the
single worst offender ever with the fiasco that was PS2 (it even cooked your
breakfast in the morning IIRC). If you don't see that, then you are even
more of a fool than you sound. What console you choose to play isn't a
pissing contest, there is room for all three major contenders and it is only
petulant children that come out with such drivel as your post above.

"Chogaire" <spam@mybitchup.co.uk> wrote in message

> "master cheif will shoot mario in the head" <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote
in
> message news:Zmrtc.4846$hM4.1128@twister.socal.rr.com...
> >
> > "R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

> > ___
> > >
> > > Nintendo says next console may be ready at E3
> > > Thu May 27, 2004 03:20 AM ET
> > >
> > > MORE
> > >
> > > TOKYO, May 27 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.OS: Quote, Profile,
> > > Research) said on Thursday it may be able to display its
> > > next-generation game console that will be the successor to its
> > > GameCube machine at next year's E3 video game industry trade show.
> > > Nintendo told reporters at a briefing in Osaka that it would like to
> > > debut the machine at the game industry's premier event, which is
> > > usually held in May.
> > >
> > > Nintendo president Satoru Iwata promised at this year's E3, held
> > > earlier this month, that Nintendo's next-generation console would
> > > create a "gaming revolution", since it would redefine how people play
> > > video games.
> >
> > nintendo has a lot of hype to live up to, calling it a "gaming
revolution"
> > hahahahaha. i know for sure this is the hype that will be the downfall
of
> > nintendo, and i know for sure they will not live up to the hype. thank
you
> > and happy gaming on the XBox 2 and PS3.
> >

> Prick! *All* of the videogame companies hype up their machines, Sony is
the
> single worst offender ever with the fiasco that was PS2 (it even cooked
your
> breakfast in the morning IIRC). If you don't see that, then you are even
> more of a fool than you sound. What console you choose to play isn't a
> pissing contest, there is room for all three major contenders and it is
only
> petulant children that come out with such drivel as your post above.

please copy and paste where i said "other companies do not hype their
machines". until then STFU. calling a console a "gaming revolution" is a
MUCH BIGGER statement then what the PS2 promised.

owned

R420 wrote:

> The Gamecube is almost certainly still going to have a 5 year lifecycle,
> like the N64 and SNES did.

You know, now you put it this way, I can now look into the future
generation consoles with a little less negativity. The way my life has
been going makes me seem like I've only had my Gamecube for a month,
even though I bought it December '01.

Hm. Thanks for the heads up.
--
Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen
http://corysplace.silius.net

"conker OWNS mario" <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Chogaire" <spam@mybitchup.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "master cheif will shoot mario in the head" <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote
> in
> > message news:Zmrtc.4846$hM4.1128@twister.socal.rr.com...
> > >
> > > "R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

> > > ___

> > > nintendo has a lot of hype to live up to, calling it a "gaming
> revolution"
> > > hahahahaha. i know for sure this is the hype that will be the downfall
> of
> > > nintendo, and i know for sure they will not live up to the hype. thank
> you
> > > and happy gaming on the XBox 2 and PS3.
> > >

> > Prick! *All* of the videogame companies hype up their machines, Sony is
> the
> > single worst offender ever with the fiasco that was PS2 (it even cooked
> your
> > breakfast in the morning IIRC). If you don't see that, then you are even
> > more of a fool than you sound. What console you choose to play isn't a
> > pissing contest, there is room for all three major contenders and it is
> only
> > petulant children that come out with such drivel as your post above.
>
> please copy and paste where i said "other companies do not hype their
> machines". until then STFU. calling a console a "gaming revolution" is a
> MUCH BIGGER statement then what the PS2 promised.

No, it really isn't.

"El Guapo" <plethora@pinatas.com> wrote in message
> "conker OWNS mario" <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Chogaire" <spam@mybitchup.co.uk> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "master cheif will shoot mario in the head" <holamigo@hotmail.com>
wrote
> > in
> > > message news:Zmrtc.4846$hM4.1128@twister.socal.rr.com...

> http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

Profile,

> play

> > revolution"
> > of
thank
> > you
> > > >

> > > Prick! *All* of the videogame companies hype up their machines, Sony
is
> > the
> > > single worst offender ever with the fiasco that was PS2 (it even
cooked
> > your
> > > breakfast in the morning IIRC). If you don't see that, then you are
even
> > > more of a fool than you sound. What console you choose to play isn't a
> > > pissing contest, there is room for all three major contenders and it
is
> > only
> > > petulant children that come out with such drivel as your post above.
> >
> > please copy and paste where i said "other companies do not hype their
> > machines". until then STFU. calling a console a "gaming revolution" is a
> > MUCH BIGGER statement then what the PS2 promised.
>
> No, it really isn't.

it really is, and its going to bomb like the matrix revolution
hahahaahhahahahahahaha

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:03:08 GMT, "conker OWNS mario"
<holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>it really is, and its going to bomb like the matrix revolution
>hahahaahhahahahahahaha

well, as long as it bombs better than the US...
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: GR:IT, RS3, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT

> "El Guapo" <plethora@pinatas.com> wrote in message
> > "conker OWNS mario" <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Chogaire" <spam@mybitchup.co.uk> wrote in message

> wrote
> > > in

> > http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5270627

> Profile,

> > play

> > > revolution"
> downfall
> > > of
> thank
> > > you

> is
> > > the
> cooked
> > > your
> even
> is
> > > only
> > >
> > > please copy and paste where i said "other companies do not hype their
> > > machines". until then STFU. calling a console a "gaming revolution" is
> > > MUCH BIGGER statement then what the PS2 promised.
> >
> > No, it really isn't.
>
> it really is, and its going to bomb like the matrix revolution
> hahahaahhahahahahahaha

Damn kids. When does summer school begin?

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Fri, 28 May 2004 05:34:50 GMT, "conker OWNS mario"
<holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>nice try, but playstation 2 is a complete success

what does that have to do with Sony over-hyping it?
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: GR:IT, RS3, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Good call :)

--
Toby
asktoby.com

"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:03:08 GMT, "conker OWNS mario"
> <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >it really is, and its going to bomb like the matrix revolution
> >hahahaahhahahahahahaha
> >
> well, as long as it bombs better than the US...

they're japanese, the only bombs they ever dropped was on pearl harbor, and
you know that back fired on them

> On Fri, 28 May 2004 05:34:50 GMT, "conker OWNS mario"
> <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >nice try, but playstation 2 is a complete success
> >
> what does that have to do with Sony over-hyping it?

As usual with him, nothing at all. Jesse has a hard time keeping two
thoughts in his head at the same time, so this is how his arguments usually
go.

> "Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:03:08 GMT, "conker OWNS mario"
> > <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > >it really is, and its going to bomb like the matrix revolution
> > >hahahaahhahahahahahaha
> > >
> > well, as long as it bombs better than the US...
>
> they're japanese, the only bombs they ever dropped was on pearl harbor,
and
> you know that back fired on them

Um, jackass, you haven't figured it out yet? Video games are the revenge
for
WWII.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

> if gamecube had gran tourismo 4, halo 2, grand theft auto san andreas, but
> it doesn't so i don't see the point.

Halo 2 maybe but Gran Turismo has always been an overbloated bore of a game.
I find things I like with each system. However for me the PS2 comes out on
bottom. Yet I still play all 3 and don't come on like an idiot condemning
one.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"master cheif will shoot mario in the head" <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:Zmrtc.4846$hM4.1128@twister.socal.rr.com...
> nintendo has a lot of hype to live up to, calling it a "gaming revolution"
> hahahahaha. i know for sure this is the hype that will be the downfall of
> nintendo, and i know for sure they will not live up to the hype. thank you
> and happy gaming on the XBox 2 and PS3.

This from a man who can't spell his own pseudonym.

Choobs

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"conker OWNS mario" <holamigo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> it really is, and its going to bomb like the matrix revolution
> hahahaahhahahahahahaha

OMFG LOLOLOLOLOL0rz j00 are TEH 0WN3r of teh j00!!!!111!!!one!!!eins!!!!

Thick twat.

Choobs

--
Sir Chewbury Gubbins <chewbury.gubbins@nelefa.org>
Knight of the Wholly Gnarly Widget

"cj's place" <abuse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Yes, the same place *you* do.

It's a bit misleading really. Ol' Conker's head's so far up his own arse
it's where his head should be.

Choobs

--

> nice try, but playstation 2 is a complete success

No, it's not. I but (on average) 6 or 7 games per month. In the past 6
months, I've bought 1 PS2 game. Not much of a success.

Choobs