Hi friend
I have a problem with my XP SP2 firewall . today when I wanted to
enable windows firewall , I faced with this error : "due
to undifined problem, windows cannot display windows
firewall setting "

what can I to do ?

--
unity
unity's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=9270

I found a post from Torgeir Bakken (MVP) that you can try registering the
following dlls:

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\atl.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\hnetcfg.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netshell.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netman.dll

I unregistered one of the dlls and got the same message as you.

If you still get the same error, try reinstalling Sp2;
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en)

Let us know if the problem is fixed.

Matija Hrovat wrote:

> I found a post from Torgeir Bakken (MVP) that you can try registering the
> following dlls:
>
> regsvr32 %windir%\system32\atl.dll
> regsvr32 %windir%\system32\hnetcfg.dll
> regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netshell.dll
> regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netcfgx.dll
> regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netman.dll

Hi

If that didn't work, and you have Service Pack 2 for WinXP installed,
please try this:

Start/Run --> cmd.exe

and then, in the command prompt, type:

netsh.exe winsock reset

and hit Enter. Follow prompts and reboot.

If that doesn't cut it, or you don't have WinXP SP2, try this one:

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Thanks friends !
Matija Hrovat , I did it but it couldn't solve my problem . thanks
again for your reply .
and Torgeir Bakken ,
I realy surprised for your information , I did it and now my firewall
working well .

--
unity
unity's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=9270