ATI RADEON 9800 PRO and Call of Duty

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 28, 2004 3:10:18 PM

I have an AMD 2600+ 512 pc3200 RAM , Abit NFS-7v2 Mobo, ATI RADEON
9800 PRO.

I play call of duty a lot, the only problem I find using the video card is
that a texture in an object (especific a TABLE) looks full of block of
colors, everything else looks and moves awesome, I was wondering if this
problem was normal , do I have to change any settings or do I have to
install Omega drivers and test the game with them?
Also, can it be a problem with corrupted installed files of the game?

I will appreciate any help.

Thomas Gaspardo
May 29, 2004 2:05:33 AM

Thomas Gaspardo wrote:
> I have an AMD 2600+ 512 pc3200 RAM , Abit NFS-7v2 Mobo, ATI
> RADEON 9800 PRO.
>
> I play call of duty a lot, the only problem I find using the video card is
> that a texture in an object (especific a TABLE) looks full of block of
> colors, everything else looks and moves awesome, I was wondering if this
> problem was normal , do I have to change any settings or do I have to
> install Omega drivers and test the game with them?
> Also, can it be a problem with corrupted installed files of the game?

If everything else is fine, then I would suggest that that texture is
corrupt. Of course, it could just be that a particular, incompatible set of
features is being used for that texture.

I don't recall which, but I think either AA or AF can cause weirdness in
many games too, I know Splinter Cell had that problem, and I THINK CoD did
too.

I wouldn't expect the Omega drivers to make a blind bit of difference...
unless of course they have different default settings to the ATI ones (which
they do). But with the same version and the same settings, you should get
the same result. To be honest I've never felt the need to go to third party
drivers, except with my Voodoo3 when "first party" support died.

Ben