Ati Drivers wont let me set 100htz ? can i get arround thi..

I have my screen set to 1600 by 1200 and i know i had it at 100htz but
now the best i can get is 85htz which i dont want :(

Can't remember what drivers i used to get 100htz anyone help.

Its only a little thing but at 100htz the screen is PERFECT rock
solid, 85htz i can still pick up the flicker i think my eyes are
better than i think they are.

Thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about drivers wont 100htz arround

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 04:53:14 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
    One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    >I have my screen set to 1600 by 1200 and i know i had it at 100htz but
    >now the best i can get is 85htz which i dont want :(

    >Can't remember what drivers i used to get 100htz anyone help.

    >Its only a little thing but at 100htz the screen is PERFECT rock
    >solid, 85htz i can still pick up the flicker i think my eyes are
    >better than i think they are.

    >Thanks.

    Would help if we knew your O/S, but ;

    Windows 2k/XP, ALWAYS disable DDC in the ATI "Displays/Monitor" CP
    after installing drivers to be able to use ALL the refresh rates and
    resolutions your monitor supports, also this is the best way to avoid
    the 60Hz RR bug.

    Stolen from ' Omega ' - try their driver set

    Borolad

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 04:53:14 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
    One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    >I have my screen set to 1600 by 1200 and i know i had it at 100htz but
    >now the best i can get is 85htz which i dont want :(
    >
    >Can't remember what drivers i used to get 100htz anyone help.
    >
    >Its only a little thing but at 100htz the screen is PERFECT rock
    >solid, 85htz i can still pick up the flicker i think my eyes are
    >better than i think they are.
    >
    >Thanks.

    This is a monitor driver thing not ATI driver

    Make sure your monitor is correct in the display settings. If not
    install the correct monitor and you should have a 1000htz setting if
    your monitor supports it.

    Ive got XP Pro.

    Yeah i think i had it when i had Omega Drivers installed, but had to
    do a reinstall so at Catylast 4.3 now.

    Got somthing downloading at the momment and dont want to F@#K up the
    quees :)

    85 Htz ant that bad.

    Thanks.

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 22:25:48 +0100, borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:

    >On Sat, 29 May 2004 04:53:14 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
    >One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>I have my screen set to 1600 by 1200 and i know i had it at 100htz but
    >>now the best i can get is 85htz which i dont want :(
    >
    >>Can't remember what drivers i used to get 100htz anyone help.
    >
    >>Its only a little thing but at 100htz the screen is PERFECT rock
    >>solid, 85htz i can still pick up the flicker i think my eyes are
    >>better than i think they are.
    >
    >>Thanks.
    >
    >Would help if we knew your O/S, but ;
    >
    >Windows 2k/XP, ALWAYS disable DDC in the ATI "Displays/Monitor" CP
    >after installing drivers to be able to use ALL the refresh rates and
    >resolutions your monitor supports, also this is the best way to avoid
    >the 60Hz RR bug.
    >
    >Stolen from ' Omega ' - try their driver set
    >
    >Borolad

    Cut 'n paste from the ' God-Bless-You-Man '

    OMEGADRIVE here! These are my "optimized" drivers for the ATI Radeon
    family of video cards.

    What's New? (2k/XP 2.5.44)

    * Based on the Catalyst 4.5 drivers.

    * Updated the Omega version of RadLinker (1009), now the Profiler
    include options to enable TAA modes and to establish the desired TAA
    Threshold for D3D apps.

    * Added and removed a LOT of tweaks, ATI changed some internal
    settings and some old tweaks won't work anymore from now on.

    * Fixed support for Mobility 9700.

    * Fixed the "Hibernation not working" problem in laptops.

    * Added support for the Following laptop wide screen resolutions:
    800x480, 960x600, 1024x600, 1024x480, 1280x600, 1280x768, 1280x800,
    1680x1050, 1920x1200

    * Re-enabled a desktop wide resolution: 1280x768

    * Added an EXCLUSIVE new Omega utility which adds the ability to SWAP
    between the soft-mod and the normal driver without the need to
    re-install the whole drivers. (Thanks to Chris W, Author of RadLinker)

    * Removed Artifact Tester 5 from the package. (Sorry Alberto)

    * Included the latest version of ATITool. (Thanks W1zzard)

    * Since the package has grown in size I will be distributing the
    installer in compressed CAB format to save some bandwidth, it must be
    decompressed using one of these tools (latest version): WinAce, WinRAR
    or WinZip. Then run the extracted file to start installation of the
    drivers.

    **************
    Important Notes:
    1. If you are using an Omega soft-mod and you are experiencing
    crashes, black screens, artifacts or the "check board effect" during
    game play, run the new included Driver Swapper utility and select the
    Normal driver, the reason is that your card is not accepting the
    soft-mod due to broken/incompatible hardware.
    **************

    REMINDERS:
    1- If you have the normal ATI drivers installed, uninstall the ATI
    Control Panel BEFORE upgrading to these drivers, the Omega Drivers
    already have the CP integrated and another CP will cause conflicts or
    other problems.

    2- There is no need to uninstall ANY previous drivers (ATI or OMEGA)
    when installing these, the new ones will overwrite any previous
    settings, but if you still want to uninstall them completely, is ok.

    3- In Windows 2k/XP, ALWAYS disable DDC in the ATI "Displays/Monitor"
    CP after installing drivers to be able to use ALL the refresh rates
    and resolutions your monitor supports, also this is the best way to
    avoid the 60Hz RR bug.

    4- The WDM drivers for VIVO and AIW cards are not included, but they
    can be downloaded separately from a link in my drivers page.

    5- The Radeon cards do support FastWrites and they will work with it
    on (on some machines), but it is not recommended, there is NO SPEED
    gain when using FW, and this option will affect your PC's stability a
    LOT, most game crashes and problems are because FW is enabled.

    6- Install the included Multires utility to have access to ALL the
    available resolutions in the Omega Drivers, standard Windows doesn't
    show all of them.

    7- Always uninstall the previous version of RadLinker before
    installing the new one included in the latest Omega Drivers.

    I don't recommend the use of ANY external tweakers with my drivers
    (specially Rage3D Tweaker), as they override my special settings and
    will make my work useless. The only time I recommend a tweaker is
    when you have a specific problem with a specific tweak and need to
    change it in order to make the drivers work correctly. Also if you
    use a tweaker for overclocking, FSAA, Gamma or Aniso settings, is just
    fine, but you'll be better off using the integrated ATI CP for that
    (which is ok by me if you change any setting in it).

    May GOD bless everybody!
    http://www.omegacorner.com

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 18:18:07 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
    One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    >Ive got XP Pro.

    >Yeah i think i had it when i had Omega Drivers installed, but had to
    >do a reinstall so at Catylast 4.3 now.

    >Got somthing downloading at the momment and dont want to F@#K up the
    >quees :)

    >85 Htz ant that bad.

    >Thanks.

    >On Fri, 28 May 2004 22:25:48 +0100, borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:

    >>On Sat, 29 May 2004 04:53:14 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
    >>One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    >>>I have my screen set to 1600 by 1200 and i know i had it at 100htz but
    >>>now the best i can get is 85htz which i dont want :(

    >>>Can't remember what drivers i used to get 100htz anyone help.

    >>>Its only a little thing but at 100htz the screen is PERFECT rock
    >>>solid, 85htz i can still pick up the flicker i think my eyes are
    >>>better than i think they are.

    >>>Thanks.

    >>Would help if we knew your O/S, but ;

    >>Windows 2k/XP, ALWAYS disable DDC in the ATI "Displays/Monitor" CP
    >>after installing drivers to be able to use ALL the refresh rates and
    >>resolutions your monitor supports, also this is the best way to avoid
    >>the 60Hz RR bug.

    >>Stolen from ' Omega ' - try their driver set

    read the readMe just posted here
    BoroLad

    What readme file ?

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 06:44:32 -0400, bp <6ball@comcast.net> wrote:

    >On Sat, 29 May 2004 04:53:14 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
    >One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
    >

    >>I have my screen set to 1600 by 1200 and i know i had it at 100htz but
    >>now the best i can get is 85htz which i dont want :(
    >>
    >>Can't remember what drivers i used to get 100htz anyone help.
    >>
    >>Its only a little thing but at 100htz the screen is PERFECT rock
    >>solid, 85htz i can still pick up the flicker i think my eyes are
    >>better than i think they are.
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >
    >This is a monitor driver thing not ATI driver
    >
    >Make sure your monitor is correct in the display settings. If not
    >install the correct monitor and you should have a 1000htz setting if
    >your monitor supports it.

    It's posted just below this but I'll re-post

[...]

    Regards, BoroLad

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 17:01:36 +0100, borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:

    <snip>

    >3- In Windows 2k/XP, ALWAYS disable DDC in the ATI "Displays/Monitor"
    >CP after installing drivers to be able to use ALL the refresh rates
    >and resolutions your monitor supports, also this is the best way to
    >avoid the 60Hz RR bug.

    Hi, Borolad.

    First, I'd like to thank you for making your driver package available.
    I'm going to try it tonight.

    I have a few questions.

    I'm a new user of an ATi Radeon 9600 XT 128, on an ASUS P4C800 E
    Deluxe, with a 2.8 gHz P4. Monitor is a Sony GDM-M81 (18" LCD)

    When playing the Perimeter demo and even ATi 's own Animusic" demo,
    the display 'wraps' so that the lower 1/8 of the screen is displaying
    information that should be at the top 1/8 of the screen. The mouse
    follows the display, meaning if I move the mouse off the top of the
    display area, it appears at the bottom of the screen. Is this the 60Hz
    RR bug you refer to above?

    All of the LCD displays I have examined seem to default to a 60Hz
    refresh. Is there any advantage to running them faster than this?
    Thanks for any help.

    Bro

Radeon Drivers ATI Graphics