Problems starting HL1

Greetings all,

I had Half-Life, Opposing Force, and Blue Shift all installed on my system
before HL2. Now I can't start HL1 at all, it keeps wanting to start the
dedicated server for either CS or OF. When I went throught to try and
register the CD Key for it, I got a message that the CD key was in use on
another account, but I did register it some time back when steam first came
along and I used it to play DM on. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Tarvos{k}
Proud Owner/Master of kaiala{T}
slave registration #359129

Owner of:

Co-Owner of:

Moderator of:

My blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/tarvosk/

Email- tarvos@realmoftarvos.org

ICQ- 14758940
Yahoo- tarvosk
IRC- on the Bondage servers
#Realm-Of-Tarvos - Tarvos{k}

--
.... (A)bort (R)etry (S)ell it
2 answers Last reply

    "Tarvos{k}" <tarvos@chartermi.net> wrote in message
    > Greetings all,
    >
    > I had Half-Life, Opposing Force, and Blue Shift all installed on my
    > system before HL2. Now I can't start HL1 at all, it keeps wanting to
    > start the dedicated server for either CS or OF. When I went throught
    > to try and register the CD Key for it, I got a message that the CD
    > key was in use on another account, but I did register it some time
    > back when steam first came along and I used it to play DM on.
    > Suggestions would be appreciated.

    I dunno what to say there mate. My own original installs of HL 1.1.1.0
    and OF are working fine, and are completely seperate from the STEAM
    installs of the same games plus the HL:Source. I had made SURE I
    installed Steam to a seperate folder than the old Valve games folder.
    McG.

    Tarvos{k} wrote:
    > Greetings all,
    >
    > I had Half-Life, Opposing Force, and Blue Shift all installed on my system
    > before HL2. Now I can't start HL1 at all, it keeps wanting to start the
    > dedicated server for either CS or OF. When I went throught to try and
    > register the CD Key for it, I got a message that the CD key was in use on
    > another account, but I did register it some time back when steam first came
    > along and I used it to play DM on. Suggestions would be appreciated.

    Do you remember what the e-mail address was that you used? This email
    address will be your account name... Also, you need to remember your
    password :)

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Dedicated Server CD-Rom Video Games