XP Home SP2 and Ad-Aware SE 6 Personal

Are there any system issues from using Ad-Aware SE 6 Personal on XP Home SP2?
What are the pros and cons?
2 answers Last reply
More about home aware personal

    The pros are that it will help in the fight against spyware.. it needs help
    though..

    Spybot Search and Destroy.. http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

    Spybot has the ability to immunize a system, but there is better for this
    function, so download and run Spyware Blaster too.. again, check for
    updates..

    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/

    If you have had your Internet browser hijacked, that is to say, you get
    redirected through a search engine NOT of your choosing, you will need
    different tools..

    HijackThis is a popular and effective tool.. download it from here..

    http://www.spychecker.com/download/download_hijackthis.html

    CWShredder will eliminate CoolWebSearch and variants.. there is a free
    download here..
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html..

    For other tools in the fight against spyware, visit this website and
    bookmark it..

    http://www.pchell.com

    Please return to this thread and provide feedback.. it is the only way that
    helpers here can determine how effective the advice given has been..

    Good luck..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "luisillinois" <luisillinois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Are there any system issues from using Ad-Aware SE 6 Personal on XP Home
    > SP2?
    > What are the pros and cons?

    No problems with my system. What I would like to know; is it necessary for a
    system running on xp home sp2 to have ad-aware se personal installed or other
    anti-spyware software, (is sp2 enough considering sp2 is more a security
    update)? Are there any foreseeable incompatibilities? Any other possible
    issues? What anti-spyware softwares work best with sp2?
    Thanks,

    "Mike Hall" wrote:

    > The pros are that it will help in the fight against spyware.. it needs help
    > though..
    >
    > Spybot Search and Destroy.. http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    >
    > Spybot has the ability to immunize a system, but there is better for this
    > function, so download and run Spyware Blaster too.. again, check for
    > updates..
    >
    > http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/
    >
    > If you have had your Internet browser hijacked, that is to say, you get
    > redirected through a search engine NOT of your choosing, you will need
    > different tools..
    >
    > HijackThis is a popular and effective tool.. download it from here..
    >
    > http://www.spychecker.com/download/download_hijackthis.html
    >
    > CWShredder will eliminate CoolWebSearch and variants.. there is a free
    > download here..
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html..
    > http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
    >
    > For other tools in the fight against spyware, visit this website and
    > bookmark it..
    >
    > http://www.pchell.com
    >
    > Please return to this thread and provide feedback.. it is the only way that
    > helpers here can determine how effective the advice given has been..
    >
    > Good luck..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "luisillinois" <luisillinois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Are there any system issues from using Ad-Aware SE 6 Personal on XP Home
    > > SP2?
    > > What are the pros and cons?

Security Microsoft Windows XP