XP Home SP2 and Ad-Aware SE 6 Personal

a b 8 Security
January 17, 2005 10:03:07 PM

Are there any system issues from using Ad-Aware SE 6 Personal on XP Home SP2?
What are the pros and cons?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 18, 2005 1:28:39 AM

The pros are that it will help in the fight against spyware.. it needs help
though..

Spybot Search and Destroy.. http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Spybot has the ability to immunize a system, but there is better for this
function, so download and run Spyware Blaster too.. again, check for
updates..

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/

If you have had your Internet browser hijacked, that is to say, you get
redirected through a search engine NOT of your choosing, you will need
different tools..

HijackThis is a popular and effective tool.. download it from here..

http://www.spychecker.com/download/download_hijackthis....

CWShredder will eliminate CoolWebSearch and variants.. there is a free
download here..
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html..
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_downloa...

For other tools in the fight against spyware, visit this website and
bookmark it..

http://www.pchell.com

Please return to this thread and provide feedback.. it is the only way that
helpers here can determine how effective the advice given has been..

Good luck..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"luisillinois" <luisillinois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are there any system issues from using Ad-Aware SE 6 Personal on XP Home
> SP2?
> What are the pros and cons?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 20, 2005 7:57:04 PM

No problems with my system. What I would like to know; is it necessary for a
system running on xp home sp2 to have ad-aware se personal installed or other
anti-spyware software, (is sp2 enough considering sp2 is more a security
update)? Are there any foreseeable incompatibilities? Any other possible
issues? What anti-spyware softwares work best with sp2?
Thanks,

!