Internet Explorer popping up

I have found that, for the past few days, Explorer will pop up (minimized) in
the task bar. It will bring up Google, Yahoo, and several other major sites,
in a revolving pattern, every hour or so. When I click on the box in the task
bar, Explorer will appear in a very small box just above the system tray, and
I have to hit the maximize button to completely maximize the window. It
doesn't seem malicious in any way, but is kind of a pain in the butt, as
whenever I open Internet Explorer now, it opens in a tiny window in the top
left hand corner of the desktop. I have tried Ad Aware, spybot killers, etc.,
to no avail. Can anybody help? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about internet explorer popping

    You might have some screwed up regkey settings. AntiSpyware might be able to
    clean them up:

    Alternatively, read the thread "annoying spyware" replied by Malke for
    additional tools.

    -Fei Chua

    "Carrie1973" <Carrie1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have found that, for the past few days, Explorer will pop up (minimized)
    >in
    > the task bar. It will bring up Google, Yahoo, and several other major
    > sites,
    > in a revolving pattern, every hour or so. When I click on the box in the
    > task
    > bar, Explorer will appear in a very small box just above the system tray,
    > and
    > I have to hit the maximize button to completely maximize the window. It
    > doesn't seem malicious in any way, but is kind of a pain in the butt, as
    > whenever I open Internet Explorer now, it opens in a tiny window in the
    > top
    > left hand corner of the desktop. I have tried Ad Aware, spybot killers,
    > etc.,
    > to no avail. Can anybody help? Thanks.

Internet Explorer Windows XP