ATI HDTV Card

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

Any word on when it's supposed to come out?

I read a review a couple of months ago, and was wondering if anyone heard
something new.

Does anybody know if it decodes QAM (US cable TV)? I heard of a Fusion card
that does, but I'd really prefer to stay with ATI - I have the 9600 AIW.

Henry

Posted Using Agent 2.0
[to reply, delete the AT]

******************************

Henry wrote:

> Any word on when it's supposed to come out?
>
> I read a review a couple of months ago, and was wondering if anyone heard
> something new.
>
> Does anybody know if it decodes QAM (US cable TV)? I heard of a Fusion
> card that does, but I'd really prefer to stay with ATI - I have the 9600
> AIW.

No news about the HDTV Wonder but the Dvico boards work fine with ATI video.
The Fusion II can even display analog broadcast under MMC 8.9 and 9.
Fusion III has a different decoder so can't say if it will do the same.

Speculation is that Dvico basically took the ATI HD reference model which
was apparently published several years ago and ran with it.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

sonic

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=d728134a0b60453a01efa9616fd78ee1&threadid=393949&highlight=ATI+hdtv+card

As much info as you'll likely find is at AVS forum. Link is to the most
recent.