I have now finished Half-Life 2 game..............so now w..

Borg

I have now finished Half-Life 2 game..............so now what?!
I have finished other pc games that give something like a bonus of some
sort, but I am guessing that Half-Life 2 doesn't do anything at all but gave
you the credits.

I will say that Half-Life 2 is one hell of a game, and I can't wait for
expansion/add-on packs and/or Half-Life 3.

borg wrote:
> I have now finished Half-Life 2 game..............so now what?!
> I have finished other pc games that give something like a bonus of
some
> sort, but I am guessing that Half-Life 2 doesn't do anything at all
but gave
> you the credits.
>
> I will say that Half-Life 2 is one hell of a game, and I can't wait
for
> expansion/add-on packs and/or Half-Life 3.

Now you get to play HL2: Deathmatch and CS: Source or HL1: Source until
TFC2 and DoD: Source are released. :)

Borg

Well I have never played the first Half-Life game or Counter Strike, so
having the source type versions is a cool way to play them for the first
time.
I am also thinking about getting Doom 3 as my next new pc game to play.
What is TFC2 and DoD: Source?

<azzkiker@gmail.com> wrote in message

> borg wrote:
>> I have now finished Half-Life 2 game..............so now what?!
>> I have finished other pc games that give something like a bonus of
> some
>> sort, but I am guessing that Half-Life 2 doesn't do anything at all
> but gave
>> you the credits.
>>
>> I will say that Half-Life 2 is one hell of a game, and I can't wait
> for
>> expansion/add-on packs and/or Half-Life 3.

> Now you get to play HL2: Deathmatch and CS: Source or HL1: Source until
> TFC2 and DoD: Source are released. :)

I have now read your post.

borg wrote:

> I have now finished Half-Life 2 game..............so now what?!

Replay it.

I'm on my third play through and still having fun and discovering new
things.

borg <no@cox.net> wrote in message news:6dEBd.31663$8e5.9061@fed1read07...

> Well I have never played the first Half-Life game or Counter Strike, so
> having the source type versions is a cool way to play them for the first
> time.
> I am also thinking about getting Doom 3 as my next new pc game to play.
> What is TFC2 and DoD: Source?

I got Doom 3 for Xmas. It kicks ass! I'm almost through the game and it's
been an amazing experience.

"borg" <no@cox.net> wrote in message news:6fxBd.27777$8e5.8@fed1read07...

> I have now finished Half-Life 2 game..............so now what?!
> I have finished other pc games that give something like a bonus of some
> sort, but I am guessing that Half-Life 2 doesn't do anything at all but
> gave you the credits.
>
> I will say that Half-Life 2 is one hell of a game, and I can't wait for
> expansion/add-on packs and/or Half-Life 3.

The ads for Halo2 look promising. Anyone in the know with comments about
that game???

Borg

On saturday(01/01/05) I bought and I am playing Doom 3.
So far it is really great and a scary game.
But to compare Doom 3 to Half-Life 2 of which is better that is hard to
decide.

"po" <prbj@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I have now read your post.

Er, very good for you.

"Tweek" <comeon@dood.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> borg <no@cox.net> wrote in message news:6dEBd.31663$8e5.9061@fed1read07...
> >

> > Well I have never played the first Half-Life game or Counter Strike, so
> > having the source type versions is a cool way to play them for the first
> > time.
> > I am also thinking about getting Doom 3 as my next new pc game to play.
> > What is TFC2 and DoD: Source?
>
> I got Doom 3 for Xmas. It kicks ass! I'm almost through the game and it's
> been an amazing experience.

sorry to say, the wow effects will fade soon.

borg wrote:
> On saturday(01/01/05) I bought and I am playing Doom 3.
> So far it is really great and a scary game.
> But to compare Doom 3 to Half-Life 2 of which is better that is hard to
> decide.

> "borg" <no@cox.net> wrote in message news:6fxBd.27777$8e5.8@fed1read07...
>
>>I have now finished Half-Life 2 game..............so now what?!
>>I have finished other pc games that give something like a bonus of some
>>sort, but I am guessing that Half-Life 2 doesn't do anything at all but
>>gave you the credits.
>>
>>I will say that Half-Life 2 is one hell of a game, and I can't wait for
>>expansion/add-on packs and/or Half-Life 3.

I prefered HL2, Doom3 was just repetitive zombie/daemon blasting for me.
Although I'm yet to replay it on nightmare mode.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

"Chris Hawley" <chris@blood-god.NOSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> borg wrote:
> > On saturday(01/01/05) I bought and I am playing Doom 3.
> > So far it is really great and a scary game.
> > But to compare Doom 3 to Half-Life 2 of which is better that is hard to
> > decide.
>
> I prefered HL2, Doom3 was just repetitive zombie/daemon blasting for me.
> Although I'm yet to replay it on nightmare mode.

I got Doom3 when it first came out and gave up on it after a few levels.
You are correct, it is repetitive zombie/demon blasting. It got old fast.
HL2 is the best computer game I have ever played. Doom3 is not even close
when it comes to fun factor. The original Doom wowed me alot more.

DaveL

"Chris Hawley" <chris@blood-god.NOSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> borg wrote:
>> On saturday(01/01/05) I bought and I am playing Doom 3.
>> So far it is really great and a scary game.
>> But to compare Doom 3 to Half-Life 2 of which is better that is hard
>> to decide.

>> "borg" <no@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> I have now finished Half-Life 2 game..............so now what?!
>>> I have finished other pc games that give something like a bonus of
>>> some sort, but I am guessing that Half-Life 2 doesn't do anything
>>> at all but gave you the credits.
>>>
>>> I will say that Half-Life 2 is one hell of a game, and I can't wait
>>> for expansion/add-on packs and/or Half-Life 3.

> I prefered HL2, Doom3 was just repetitive zombie/daemon blasting for
> me. Although I'm yet to replay it on nightmare mode.

Nightmare? It'll slow ya down. You get some tough demons :) Have to
use ammo wisely. It's taking me some time. I play it about an hour at
a time, and it's an intense hour.
McG.

shawk

DaveL wrote:
> "Chris Hawley" <chris@blood-god.NOSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>borg wrote:
>>
>>>On saturday(01/01/05) I bought and I am playing Doom 3.
>>>So far it is really great and a scary game.
>>>But to compare Doom 3 to Half-Life 2 of which is better that is hard to
>>>decide.
>>
>>I prefered HL2, Doom3 was just repetitive zombie/daemon blasting for me.
>>Although I'm yet to replay it on nightmare mode.
>

> I got Doom3 when it first came out and gave up on it after a few levels.
> You are correct, it is repetitive zombie/demon blasting. It got old fast.
> HL2 is the best computer game I have ever played. Doom3 is not even close
> when it comes to fun factor. The original Doom wowed me alot more.
>
> DaveL

I finished D3 and enjoyed it. Yes OK it was nothing new but I accepted
it was just a remake (with less demons). HL2, Riddick and Far Cry were
all better in that they all offered something new.

I suppose the way to look at it would be if HL Source had included all
new textures and character skins then we'd have all bought that too eh?
D3 was just a little nostalgia with great lighting :)