Blue screen after user login

Hello everyone. Can anyone tell what's the problem with my security
configuration? There is a user named student on the computer, and after
logging in screen becomes blue, and nothing happens. There is a mouse, and i
can logout by pressing Ctlr-Alt-Del. But if i make student an administrator,
she or he can successfully log in. The same applies to any user on the
computer. That is, administrators can log in, and users cannot. I'll be
grateful for any help
3 answers Last reply
More about blue screen user login

    Siphiuel wrote:
    > Hello everyone. Can anyone tell what's the problem with my security
    > configuration? There is a user named student on the computer, and
    > after logging in screen becomes blue, and nothing happens. There is a
    > mouse, and i can logout by pressing Ctlr-Alt-Del. But if i make
    > student an administrator, she or he can successfully log in. The same
    > applies to any user on the computer. That is, administrators can log
    > in, and users cannot. I'll be grateful for any help

    Take a look in the event logs on the computer for clues. Could be the
    profile is corrupt, although with all users experiencing the same thing,
    this seems unlikely. What changed right before this problem started
    happening (or did it never work)?

    Thanks for your reply.
    Well, i've done some changes to the user's access rights to the disks and
    folders, and also modified the registry to disallow access to Control Panel,
    Display Properties etc. To modify the registry for the current user i've made
    student an administrator first, and after necessary modifications in
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER i've changes student's account type. But, i've deleted
    student (old) and created this account again. Then i've again made
    modifications in the registry. also, i've given full access to disks and
    folders to any user. But this does not work.

    Siphiuel wrote:
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > Well, i've done some changes to the user's access rights to the disks
    > and folders, and also modified the registry to disallow access to
    > Control Panel, Display Properties etc. To modify the registry for the
    > current user i've made student an administrator first, and after
    > necessary modifications in HKEY_CURRENT_USER i've changes student's
    > account type. But, i've deleted student (old) and created this
    > account again. Then i've again made modifications in the registry.
    > also, i've given full access to disks and folders to any user. But
    > this does not work.

    I can't say what the problem is, but if it happens for all non-admin users,
    including new ones, it's apparently related to something you changed. What
    do the event logs have to say?
    It may be easier to rebuild this workstation than go through the settings
    with a pair of tweezers & a magnifying glass.

Login Blue Screen Security Computers Windows XP