In case it's not already known...

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Source: http://www.computex.com.tw

"ATI to unveil 0.11-micron Radeon X300 graphics chips at Computex

Charles Chou, Taipei; Steve Shen, DigiTimes.com [Friday 28 May 2004]
ATI Technologies will showcase its first 0.11-micron graphics chip,
the Radeon X300 (formally named RV370), at Computex Taipei 2004 from June
1-5, according to market sources. The Radeon X300 chips aim at the
entry-level card market with prices below US$100.

In addition to the Radeon X300, ATI plans to unveil on June 3 its
other PCI Express-supporting graphics chips, including the Radeon X800 and
the Radeon X600 (formally named RV380), at the exhibition, said the sources.

The company is expected to complete tape-out of its next-generation
VGA chips, using a 90nm process, in the second half of this year, with
volume production scheduled to start in early 2005, the sources added.

Although Nvidia has also included 0.11-micron VGA chips in its
roadmap, the company has not yet released any details. Nvidia will push
sales of its latest GeForce 6 series graphics chips at the show, the sources
said."

What??? x300 damn!! So is 0.11 micron good or bad news?

I hope x300 performs like a 9800se/9600XT, and cost like 9200 series :) what
a good situation that'll be .

I think x600 will be compairable to 9800pro/xt of todays.. Or maybe slower
:(