After Installing Catalyst 4.5, FS2004 Sound Goes Away

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

After installing Catalyst 4.5 video drivers for an ATI RADEON 9800 Pro video
card, I rebooted and now my Audigy2 sound card doesn't seem to work
correctly.

I tried to use different sound sources:

1) In Windows Media Player 9, I could hear the sound of the playing CD, but
it was at a much lower volume than usual.

2) In Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, I could briefly hear the sound of the
engine, but after 10 seconds there was total silence and nothing would get
the engine sound to come back.

3) In the Audigy2 test application, sounds are playing, but the volume is
quite low.

Any theories on why this would happen and how to correct it?

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Run dxdiag and see if it finds any problems.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.