HL2 on or off line??

Just started playing HL2 and am enjoying it. I have been playing it off
line. Is there any advantage or significant difference in playing if one is
on-line? (I installed the game from CDs then registered on line).

Thanks, Sam
2 answers Last reply
More about line

    Sam G wrote:
    > Just started playing HL2 and am enjoying it. I have been playing it off
    > line. Is there any advantage or significant difference in playing if one is
    > on-line? (I installed the game from CDs then registered on line).

    None at all if you're only playing the Single Player. Online mode is
    only needed if you want to either update the game or Steam, or if you
    want to play Multiplayer over the 'net.

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    Sam G plaatste dit op zijn scherm :
    > Just started playing HL2 and am enjoying it. I have been playing it off
    > line. Is there any advantage or significant difference in playing if one
    > is on-line? (I installed the game from CDs then registered on line).
    >
    > Thanks, Sam

    I prefer playing offline although every week or so I go online once
    in case there are significant updates. Off line starts up a little
    bit faster, otherwise I think there is not a big difference

    --
    Al wat je nodig hebt is http://www.google.be/ en
    http://home.mine.be/~joinus/index.html

    Rolly.