another questioon about black-white TV out

I connected my DEll laptop (with Radeon 9000) to a TV. I set up output
as PAL-I
(since i am in UK). I am using a 4-pin s-video to svideo cable, then
svideo to scarts adaptor.

No suprise, I get the black-white output on my TV when I connect them
tight.
The picture is clear and stable , only is BW.

But the wired thing is, if I let the svideo cable with the scarts
adaptor loose a bit. I do get a colored output. but the picture
quality is poor, some lines are moving on the TV screen?

Any one know why?

Thanks

askwho71@hotmail.com (YZ) wrote in news:1a69a996.0405301615.2e6eee24
@posting.google.com:

> I connected my DEll laptop (with Radeon 9000) to a TV. I set up output
> as PAL-I
> (since i am in UK). I am using a 4-pin s-video to svideo cable, then
> svideo to scarts adaptor.
>
> No suprise, I get the black-white output on my TV when I connect them
> tight.
> The picture is clear and stable , only is BW.
>
> But the wired thing is, if I let the svideo cable with the scarts
> adaptor loose a bit. I do get a colored output. but the picture
> quality is poor, some lines are moving on the TV screen?
>
> Any one know why?

Have you also set your output to PAL in the bios of your laptop? Maybe the
bios setting is still set to NTSC.

grtz,
GanZ

--
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers
write code that humans can understand.

I am using Dell D600 (Latitute?), In bios there is not NTSC/PAL set up

"YZ" <askwho71@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am using Dell D600 (Latitute?), In bios there is not NTSC/PAL set up

TV-out is a weird thing. Usually when I get a black and white picture, I
just remove and reinsert the S-video connector on the TV and it pops back up
in color.