9800 pro fan replacement?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi,
I need to replace the fan on my 9800 pro and looking around i have found
the vga silencer
are they any good? and whats the difference between v1 and v3?

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
> "John" <john@btnospam.com> wrote in message
>
> " are they any good? "
>
> They are brilliant.
> http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/arctic_cooling_vga_silencer.php
>

> " whats the difference between v1 and v3? "
>
> Read the compatibility table:
> http://www.ocfaq.com/reviews/ArcticCooling/VGASilencer_Rev3/

Additionally, a big difference between the VGA silencer and any other
graphics core cooler is that the silencer exhausts the hot air from the
case. If you use any other cooler, you will rely on your case fans to
remove the hot air from the case. Therefore, the silencer is much more
efficient (overall) than any other cooler.

Get a Zalman Heatpipe cooler much better, silent :) even with the
120mm fan added.

On Mon, 31 May 2004 14:38:10 GMT, "Navid" <nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
>> "John" <john@btnospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> " are they any good? "
>>
>> They are brilliant.
>> http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/arctic_cooling_vga_silencer.php
>>

>> " whats the difference between v1 and v3? "
>>
>> Read the compatibility table:
>> http://www.ocfaq.com/reviews/ArcticCooling/VGASilencer_Rev3/
>>

>Additionally, a big difference between the VGA silencer and any other
>graphics core cooler is that the silencer exhausts the hot air from the
>case. If you use any other cooler, you will rely on your case fans to
>remove the hot air from the case. Therefore, the silencer is much more
>efficient (overall) than any other cooler.

It also is adding another case fan to your system. If you rely on
case airflow to cool your hard drives, it not only removes the video
card heat, but draws extra air over the drives.

john <john@nospam.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 31 May 2004 14:38:10 GMT, "Navid" <nospam@nospam.invalid>
>wrote:
>

>>"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
>>> "John" <john@btnospam.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> " are they any good? "
>>>
>>> They are brilliant.
>>> http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/arctic_cooling_vga_silencer.php
>>>

>>> " whats the difference between v1 and v3? "
>>>
>>> Read the compatibility table:
>>> http://www.ocfaq.com/reviews/ArcticCooling/VGASilencer_Rev3/
>>>

>>Additionally, a big difference between the VGA silencer and any other
>>graphics core cooler is that the silencer exhausts the hot air from the
>>case. If you use any other cooler, you will rely on your case fans to
>>remove the hot air from the case. Therefore, the silencer is much more
>>efficient (overall) than any other cooler.
>>

>It also is adding another case fan to your system. If you rely on
>case airflow to cool your hard drives, it not only removes the video
>card heat, but draws extra air over the drives.

What is the noise level of this fan? I have the 9800 Pro from Dell in a
Dimension 8300 and it is loud, with a constant "hummmming" sound. You can
hear it across the room. I'm looking to replace it with some with much
less noise.
Charliec