File System Rights

a b 8 Security
January 18, 2005 4:07:04 PM

Is there a way to programatically set file system rights?

I have installed an application on 30 or so macines on my nt domain and I
have just found out that I need to give the users group full access to a
folder that the app created. Is there some sort of script I could run on
those PCs to accomplish this?

Thanks
Paul

More about : file system rights

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 18, 2005 8:43:07 PM

"naglpa" <naglpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to programatically set file system rights?
>
> I have installed an application on 30 or so macines on my nt domain and I
> have just found out that I need to give the users group full access to a
> folder that the app created. Is there some sort of script I could run on
> those PCs to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Have a look at the cacls.exe utility that is built in to Windows 2000 and
XP. (Type cacls /? for a list of options, at a command prompt.)

You may also be interested in xcacls.exe ...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318754

--
Colin Nash
Microsoft MVP