File System Rights

Is there a way to programatically set file system rights?

I have installed an application on 30 or so macines on my nt domain and I
have just found out that I need to give the users group full access to a
folder that the app created. Is there some sort of script I could run on
those PCs to accomplish this?

Thanks
Paul
1 answer Last reply
More about file system rights

    "naglpa" <naglpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to programatically set file system rights?
    >
    > I have installed an application on 30 or so macines on my nt domain and I
    > have just found out that I need to give the users group full access to a
    > folder that the app created. Is there some sort of script I could run on
    > those PCs to accomplish this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Paul

    Have a look at the cacls.exe utility that is built in to Windows 2000 and
    XP. (Type cacls /? for a list of options, at a command prompt.)

    You may also be interested in xcacls.exe ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318754

    --
    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP

Security File System Microsoft Windows XP