Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Lian Li's PC-TU200 Mini-ITX Looks Like a Metal Briefcase

Last response: in News comments
Anonymous
September 23, 2011 11:34:23 AM

Sold!

Perfect for my needs, Lian-Li really know the business!
Score
September 23, 2011 11:36:08 AM

Looks a lot like a PC-Q08 without the top fan (and the top probably strengthened for the handle). I'm sure it's a beautiful, well-made case, but $199 is not a realistic price.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 23, 2011 12:08:24 PM

Lian Li makes great cases. Simplistic lines albeit being nice. Minimalism without annoying LEDs.
Score
September 23, 2011 12:26:17 PM

That is a nice looking case indeed. While I prefer a full tower for my needs (heavy on hard drives and GPUs) The days of clean/simplistic cases are missed.

It seems every case out there has blinking this, or LED that. Most cases these days look like they are from outer space.

This case looks like it could be a hella cool LAN party rig. Get a nice super light LED monitor load it up with a few 2TB hdd's and you got one hella cool gaming/file sharing rig.
Score
September 23, 2011 12:41:00 PM

I guess it's designed to be placed on the desk, not besides it, due to power switch and USB placement.
It's good looking and has pretty much all the (minimalistic) space you'll need. LL makes very good cases and in my opinion you'll get what you'll pay for.
Score
September 23, 2011 12:50:59 PM

Crap! This is so close to a done deal for me, but the price is just a little too high. I might pay $150.
Score
September 23, 2011 12:56:03 PM

Used Lian Li for my last three builds, this one looks perfect for LAN parties, do you hear me Blizzard?
Score
September 23, 2011 1:04:16 PM

Interesting design. Just grab the handle and go.
Score
September 23, 2011 1:04:22 PM

I hope LL adopts the swappable HD bays and the opening mechanism for all the upcoming models. I would also prefer a Micro ATX design or layout if that were possible as for $199 this case is too generous on HD and light on graphic options, or is just me.
Score
September 23, 2011 1:25:44 PM

Perfect case for the home build I wanted, but way, WAY too expensive... a pity. The best of small form-factor cases I've seen so far.
Score
September 23, 2011 1:35:50 PM

Great looking little case.
Score
September 23, 2011 1:39:20 PM

Cool. Certainly useful for musicians or other professionals who want a system they can pack away for their other stuff :D . It will certainly sell to some lan gamers as well.
Score
Anonymous
September 23, 2011 1:52:40 PM

This doesn't look like a briefcase. A briefcase is way slimmer. This looks like, hmmm, a small PC case with a handle...
Score
Anonymous
September 23, 2011 2:21:25 PM

The handle needs to be recessed to make the cases stackable. Or maybe they plan to sell an accessory to facilitate stacking? I'd prefer the former but would settle for the latter...
Score
September 23, 2011 3:05:08 PM

Looks like tough build. .
Score
September 23, 2011 3:16:48 PM

It's about time some manufacturer wised up to the handle idea. I've been doing it for at least 15 years.
Score
September 23, 2011 3:55:33 PM

Very nice. Leave it to Lian Li to do Something. Right. Again.
Score
September 23, 2011 6:04:56 PM

aw its to small, i need something with 24 harddisk bays and not to expensive
Score
September 23, 2011 7:16:01 PM

Man this looks fugly. I can't believe there are people that likes this design. A suit case handle on the top? haha! It's a joke, right?
I know Lian Li makes good quality cases, and I owned one 10 years ago. For the mini ITX, I like the Lian Li Q07 red.
Score
September 23, 2011 7:38:49 PM

hp79Man this looks fugly. I can't believe there are people that likes this design. A suit case handle on the top? haha! It's a joke, right?I know Lian Li makes good quality cases, and I owned one 10 years ago. For the mini ITX, I like the Lian Li Q07 red.

I think it has a design that tends to appeal to those that like clean, simple, designs. Perhaps its geared more towards adults than kids and teens?
Score
September 23, 2011 7:52:47 PM

halcyon said:
I think it has a design that tends to appeal to those that like clean, simple, designs. Perhaps its geared more towards adults than kids and teens?

Oh, you and your "kids" insults again :p  You've been using the same story to defend Macs... well, doesn't work - I hate Mac [:amk-aka-phantom:1] design [:amk-aka-phantom:1] and really like this box :kaola: 
Score
September 23, 2011 8:45:22 PM

amk-aka-Phantom said:
Oh, you and your "kids" insults again :p  You've been using the same story to defend Macs... well, doesn't work - I hate Mac [:amk-aka-phantom:1] design [:amk-aka-phantom:1] and really like this box :kaola: 

Well, if the shoe fits... Do you really hate Mac design? What is it about MacBook Air and Pro design that you hate?

...and you're an adult so you may kinda like clean and simple design. Not that you'll like all of them. ...or you may like the occasional HAF-X. I'm just tired, myself, of things that are overstyled, but there's obviously a market and place for those things.
Score
September 23, 2011 8:58:28 PM

Nice follow up to Q08.
Score
September 23, 2011 9:08:05 PM

for $200 I'd rather build my own ...
Score
September 23, 2011 9:32:04 PM

Soul_keeperfor $200 I'd rather build my own ...

You're more likely than not unique in that opinion.
Score
September 24, 2011 4:28:47 AM

halcyon said:
Well, if the shoe fits... Do you really hate Mac design? What is it about MacBook Air and Pro design that you hate?

...and you're an adult so you may kinda like clean and simple design. Not that you'll like all of them. ...or you may like the occasional HAF-X. I'm just tired, myself, of things that are overstyled, but there's obviously a market and place for those things.

I call BS on this. It doesn't matter whether you're an adult or a kid in terms of design preferences. By far not all adults like "simple" design and by far not all the kids like something "overstyled". And simple design is exactly what I hate on Macs... white, keyboard is disgusting. Basically, the whole laptop is just a round-corner lump of white aluminium. It's bloody boring and lifeless. Now, when I look at Asus VX series... that is some good design. Yes, Macs attract attention - but only they're different from all other laptops. Yes, I DO prefer MBP's design to some average HP/Acer/Asus laptop (95% of them look like garbage), but many laptops above $800 that people simply don't know about because they are - for some reason - not advertised, unlike Macs, have very good design that is definitely not "overstyled" and at the same time isn't boring.

Take a look at the NZXT Phantom case... looks "overstyled" to you?

HAF X? Dunno, I hate this case, especially with red LEDs.

This Lian Li case doesn't look "clean and simple". It's unique, beautiful and, unlike most of the "nice" cases out there, has actually useful features - notice the 140mm intake in the front. But it definitely does NOT look "simple". Not to me, at least.

Yeah, I'm an adult... kind of... :lol:  But I have very good memory and not long ago one could consider me a kid, if you only count the age, and therefore I'll keep denying the age-based BS judgements - I know that age (as long as you're above 12-14, differs for everyone) has nothing to do with your design preferences, or any other opinions, in fact. Accusing people of being "kids" is the stupidest thing one can do when it comes to discussing something.
Score
September 24, 2011 4:48:47 AM

halcyon said:
You're more likely than not unique in that opinion.

You're more likely than not right in that judgement :D  Many people want to build their own computers, but much less would want to build their own case - it's complex and rather unrewarding, IMAO.
Score
September 24, 2011 4:57:22 AM

If it makes the trip to a LAN party that much easier, then I'm sure it will find its buyers.
Score
September 24, 2011 6:24:13 AM

would have been perfect if they make the handle removable and add a floppy drive slot (will not be used for obsolete floppy drive but for additional Card Reader drives).
Score
September 24, 2011 6:49:06 AM

Oo nga. This would look as an HTPC.
Score
September 24, 2011 6:49:59 AM

Oo nga. This would look great for my next HTPC build..
Score
September 24, 2011 10:15:27 AM

amk-aka-Phantom said:
Accusing people of being "kids" is the stupidest thing one can do when it comes to discussing something.

Its not an accusation. Its a note that experience alters tastes. This is fact.

Same reason many kids like Barney...and many adults don't.
Score
September 24, 2011 10:39:18 AM

This is just like all other Lian Li cases. Cases that you want, and prices that can go **** themselves. I've been looking for a nice new case and I picked out one from Lian Li and it was £260...I'm not going to pay that for a goddamn case. I'd rather the cheaper/uglier/LED packed HAF X.
Score
September 24, 2011 11:00:41 AM

Lian Li charges a stupid premium for their design just like Apple. I don't think Al is all that expensive to use or work with. I do like Lian Li design though...just hate the price premium.
Score
September 24, 2011 4:16:12 PM

That is because you don't understand manufacturing.
The design, workmanship, materials, etc goes into making the product.

$15 PC cases look like crap, cheap plastic, LQ metal that is thin and flexes, bad air flow... are nothing like a $200 case (Liean Li or others). When made right with AL, you can have a good size case with minimal flex yet very very light.

I'd say THAT $200 case is a bit too much for my budget and needs - but I'd say that its selling at market value. Important to keep in mind, quantity effects price. Many more people will buy the $20~30 cases (there could be a dozen model of the same case with only a different plastic cover) than a $150+ case. Less sales = higher costs.
Score
September 24, 2011 4:20:21 PM

belardoThat is because you don't understand manufacturing.The design, workmanship, materials, etc goes into making the product.$15 PC cases look like crap, cheap plastic, LQ metal that is thin and flexes, bad air flow... are nothing like a $200 case (Liean Li or others). When made right with AL, you can have a good size case with minimal flex yet very very light.I'd say THAT $200 case is a bit too much for my budget and needs - but I'd say that its selling at market value. Important to keep in mind, quantity effects price. Many more people will buy the $20~30 cases (there could be a dozen model of the same case with only a different plastic cover) than a $150+ case. Less sales = higher costs.

Very true. ...and I'm partial both to both Apple and Lian Li design. Have had several of both computers and cases, respectively. I still don't like the premium, but I do pay it.
Score
September 25, 2011 5:24:06 PM

I'd like one, but definitely needs to be modded.
Score
September 28, 2011 6:48:51 PM

halcyonVery true. ...and I'm partial both to both Apple and Lian Li design. Have had several of both computers and cases, respectively. I still don't like the premium, but I do pay it.

I agree too that both Apple and Lian Li have excellent design. I have purchased many Apple products and several Lian Li cases for my PC builds. All of the items have been worth the extra money in my opinion.
Score
July 19, 2012 8:01:14 PM

Looks like an old roller skating box?
Score
!