Latest Omega Driver Question

I have a problem where one game (Grand Prix Legends) doesn't run well on
the Cat4.1 drivers, but runs well on 4.5, and another game (TOCA Race
Driver 2) does just the opposite. Someone suggested that I try the
latest Omega driver, which I have since installed. Unfortunately, this
did not fix the problem. TOCA Race Driver 2 still has severe graphical
glitches with the Omega driver.

I see that in the latest Omega driver readme file, it briefly talks
about a "Driver Swapper" Utility. I'm a little unclear on what this
does exactly, and how to access it. Does this utility allow you to swap
between an ATI driver and the Omega driver? If so, would I be able to
use it to swap between the Cat 4.1 driver (assuming I re-install it) and
the laetest Omega Driver? If so, where exactly do I find that utility?
Something like that would allow me to have the best of both worlds.

Thanks!

On Mon, 31 May 2004 21:12:58 -0400, BRH
<"bhoenig<no-spam>"@comcast.net> wrote:

>I have a problem where one game (Grand Prix Legends) doesn't run well on
>the Cat4.1 drivers, but runs well on 4.5, and another game (TOCA Race
>Driver 2) does just the opposite. Someone suggested that I try the
>latest Omega driver, which I have since installed. Unfortunately, this
>did not fix the problem. TOCA Race Driver 2 still has severe graphical
>glitches with the Omega driver.

Are you using AA or AF? Sometimes graphical glitches are caused by
having these options turned on.

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Mon, 31 May 2004 21:12:58 -0400, BRH
<"bhoenig<no-spam>"@comcast.net> wrote:

>I have a problem where one game (Grand Prix Legends) doesn't run well on
>the Cat4.1 drivers, but runs well on 4.5, and another game (TOCA Race
>Driver 2) does just the opposite. Someone suggested that I try the
>latest Omega driver, which I have since installed. Unfortunately, this
>did not fix the problem. TOCA Race Driver 2 still has severe graphical
>glitches with the Omega driver.
>
>I see that in the latest Omega driver readme file, it briefly talks
>about a "Driver Swapper" Utility. I'm a little unclear on what this
>does exactly, and how to access it. Does this utility allow you to swap
>between an ATI driver and the Omega driver? If so, would I be able to
>use it to swap between the Cat 4.1 driver (assuming I re-install it) and
>the laetest Omega Driver? If so, where exactly do I find that utility?
>Something like that would allow me to have the best of both worlds.
>
>Thanks!

Here's the 'official' forum where the Omega creator can explain it
himself.

http://tinyurl.com/2wopx

Its at DriverHeaven.com

Pluvious