Windows automatically signing on as Administrator account

I just finished building a system and ran intel's desktop board "Express
Installer" cd for drivers and applications. The installer gives you the
option of entering the Administrator username and password so that the
installer can reboot and continue the install without the user having to log
back in between reboots (which I used). My problem is that now that I'm done
installing everything I wanted to, Windows continued to automatically boot
and sign-on to the Administrator account.

The security profile has been changed to require ctrl+alt+delete for login
and there are user accounts other than administrator. When I boot, Windows
loads without requiring the log-on. After renaming the Administrator account,
the same process is running at startup, but can't sign-on anymore since the
user "Administrator" is no longer valid. I'd like to locate whatever file or
process is running to get rid of this.

Some background info:
Motherboard: Intel D915PBL
OS: Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
AV: Norton Antivirus 2005 (Internet Security Suite)
User Accounts: Administrator (renamed), 1 additional user with admin
priveleges, guest account disabled.

Help would be very much appreciated!
2 answers Last reply
More about windows automatically signing administrator account

    Sounds like AutoAdminLogon may be enabled in the Registry. Check out
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231

    /Chris

    "R Jones" <R Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just finished building a system and ran intel's desktop board "Express
    > Installer" cd for drivers and applications. The installer gives you the
    > option of entering the Administrator username and password so that the
    > installer can reboot and continue the install without the user having to
    > log
    > back in between reboots (which I used). My problem is that now that I'm
    > done
    > installing everything I wanted to, Windows continued to automatically boot
    > and sign-on to the Administrator account.
    >
    > The security profile has been changed to require ctrl+alt+delete for login
    > and there are user accounts other than administrator. When I boot, Windows
    > loads without requiring the log-on. After renaming the Administrator
    > account,
    > the same process is running at startup, but can't sign-on anymore since
    > the
    > user "Administrator" is no longer valid. I'd like to locate whatever file
    > or
    > process is running to get rid of this.
    >
    > Some background info:
    > Motherboard: Intel D915PBL
    > OS: Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
    > AV: Norton Antivirus 2005 (Internet Security Suite)
    > User Accounts: Administrator (renamed), 1 additional user with admin
    > priveleges, guest account disabled.
    >
    > Help would be very much appreciated!

    That did it......Thanks for the reply!

    "Chris Weber [Security MVP]" wrote:

    > Sounds like AutoAdminLogon may be enabled in the Registry. Check out
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231
    >

    > /Chris

Installer Windows XP