AIW9000 appears twice

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I fired up an old P3/450 win98 machine with Pinnacle Studio 8.12 and ATI
AIW 9000 that appears twice in Device manager. Display adapter shows up
twice once as a secondary. I don't think this is normal but I am also unable
to get TV to activate when using S8 to try to capture. TV works fine
otherwise using MMC V.8.6. Should I remove this 'secondary' from device
manager and maybe expect S8 to work fine again?

TIA

John

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

It is normal to get the secondary device - do not remove it.

"John" <John@nospam.comcast.not> wrote in message
> I fired up an old P3/450 win98 machine with Pinnacle Studio 8.12 and ATI
> AIW 9000 that appears twice in Device manager. Display adapter shows up
> twice once as a secondary. I don't think this is normal but I am also
unable
> to get TV to activate when using S8 to try to capture. TV works fine
> otherwise using MMC V.8.6. Should I remove this 'secondary' from device
> manager and maybe expect S8 to work fine again?
>
> TIA
>
> John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Sleepy wrote:
> It is normal to get the secondary device - do not remove it.

OK, thanks. I guess I will have to find another way to debug S8

John

shawk

> Sleepy wrote:
> > It is normal to get the secondary device - do not remove it.
>
> OK, thanks. I guess I will have to find another way to debug S8
>
> John

The secondary is for your second monitor (note you have two outputs on the
card - one a DVI). Its more likely to be the software. Studio 8 is a POS.
There are patches for that software but I dont know how good they are. I
gave up and wont bother with Pinnacle again. They do have a forum - have
you asked in there? Shaun

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Shawk wrote:
> "John" <John@nospam.comcast.not> wrote in message
>>

>> Sleepy wrote:
>>> It is normal to get the secondary device - do not remove it.
>>
>> OK, thanks. I guess I will have to find another way to debug S8
>>
>> John
>>

> The secondary is for your second monitor (note you have two outputs
> on the card - one a DVI). Its more likely to be the software.
> Studio 8 is a POS. There are patches for that software but I dont
> know how good they are. I gave up and wont bother with Pinnacle
> again. They do have a forum - have you asked in there? Shaun

Thanks for the reply Shaun. I have S8 installed on XP Pro system that works
fine. I did not see two instances of AIW 7500 card so I suspected problems.
I will visit Pinnacle site for help.
Thanks

John

shawk

> Shawk wrote:
> > "John" <John@nospam.comcast.not> wrote in message

> >> OK, thanks. I guess I will have to find another way to debug S8
> >>
> >> John
> >>

> > The secondary is for your second monitor (note you have two outputs
> > on the card - one a DVI). Its more likely to be the software.
> > Studio 8 is a POS. There are patches for that software but I dont
> > know how good they are. I gave up and wont bother with Pinnacle
> > again. They do have a forum - have you asked in there? Shaun
>
> Thanks for the reply Shaun. I have S8 installed on XP Pro system that
works
> fine. I did not see two instances of AIW 7500 card so I suspected
problems.
> I will visit Pinnacle site for help.
> Thanks
>
> John

Glad you got S8 working - I found it very buggy (on XP Pro too). Waiting
for the general consensus on S9 and might upgrade. S7 was fine. Hope you
sort it. Shaun