my x800pro test results

The GPU/mem seems to max out at 544/560, I start to see
glitches at 551/573. My 3dmark03 score is 8275.
This on a 13 multiplier P4, 3.37 Ghz, 512MB DDR.
All fsaa/anio turned off.

Jeff B
19 answers Last reply
More about x800pro test results

    So try the 16pipe mod already.

    rms

    > The GPU/mem seems to max out at 544/560, I start to see
    > glitches at 551/573. My 3dmark03 score is 8275.
    > This on a 13 multiplier P4, 3.37 Ghz, 512MB DDR.
    > All fsaa/anio turned off.

    Whilst I have not seen many posts from users of this card I would have
    expected a much higher score than yours, with the spec of the rest of your
    machine being as it is.

    --
    Regards

    Morgan

    Hard Drive noise a problem....?

    www.flyinglizard.freeserve.co.uk

    "Morgan" <morgan@home.net> wrote in message

    > Whilst I have not seen many posts from users of this card I would have
    > expected a much higher score than yours, with the spec of the rest of
    your
    > machine being as it is.

    I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'd be interested to hear what
    other people are getting for scores and what their processor is.

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    > So try the 16pipe mod already.
    >
    > rms

    yeah!

    Morgan wrote:
    >>The GPU/mem seems to max out at 544/560, I start to see
    >>glitches at 551/573. My 3dmark03 score is 8275.
    >>This on a 13 multiplier P4, 3.37 Ghz, 512MB DDR.
    >>All fsaa/anio turned off.
    >

    > Whilst I have not seen many posts from users of this card I would have
    > expected a much higher score than yours, with the spec of the rest of your
    > machine being as it is.

    I also ran timedemo1 from Call of Duty, 1280x1024. My old card,
    nvidia 5600u did 58 fps, the x800 did 139. The biggest win is
    Far Cry. On the opening scene, 5600u did 13 fps (static)
    x800 does 91! In a timedemo (benchumall) it was 11.7/53.5 fps for the
    5600u/x800 in Far Cry.
    As to 3dm03, I just saw that I was running 2x/2x fsaa/anio on my openGL
    control panel. I'll try again with 0x/0x to see if it matters.

    BTW, the x800 was WAY underclocked OOTB. It was set to
    only 475/450, but with Rage clocking til, it does 544/560,
    and went from 7035 to 8275 in 3dm03.

    Jeff B

    rms wrote:
    > So try the 16pipe mod already.
    >
    > rms

    I'll definitely be doing it if I decide to keep this
    card.

    Jeff B

    I reran 3dm03 with the OpenGL tab turning off
    anio and fsaa, previously they were set at 2x.
    My score rose to 10105 from 8275.
    Comments?

    Jeff B

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:12:45 GMT, jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote:

    >I reran 3dm03 with the OpenGL tab turning off
    >anio and fsaa, previously they were set at 2x.
    >My score rose to 10105 from 8275.
    >Comments?

    In your original message you said "All fsaa/anio turned off". Also,
    3DMark2003 is D3D, not OpenGL.

    > In your original message you said "All fsaa/anio turned off". Also,
    > 3DMark2003 is D3D, not OpenGL.

    I reran the test, and the OGL score is unaffected
    by the OGL tab. I believe I must have changed the D3D tab,
    so my scores are 8275/10105 with fsaa and anio set to 2x/0x.

    Thanks for pointing out my error.

    Jeff B

    "jeff b" <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote in message
    > I reran 3dm03 with the OpenGL tab turning off
    > anio and fsaa, previously they were set at 2x.
    > My score rose to 10105 from 8275.
    > Comments?
    >
    > Jeff B

    I feel better seeing a score of 10105 than 8275! How does it feel with
    games in general compared to what you had before? The 12 pipelines must
    be awesome.

    Thanks for your update.

    Just to clarify....

    You now get 10105 in 3D 2003 with no AA or AF and using the 4.5 drivers,
    with the rest of your machine spec as previously stated...?
    --

    jeff b wrote:
    > I reran 3dm03 with the OpenGL tab turning off
    > anio and fsaa, previously they were set at 2x.
    > My score rose to 10105 from 8275.
    > Comments?
    >
    > Jeff B

    :o) that's one of THE top scores for 3DM2003 isn't it? I want the
    800XT!!!!! Doesn't matter what it costs, I want THAT card! I hope it
    is out for me birthday. My 50th bday in fact, so it should be something
    very GOOD eh? :)
    McG.

    > jeff b wrote:
    > > I reran 3dm03 with the OpenGL tab turning off
    > > anio and fsaa, previously they were set at 2x.
    > > My score rose to 10105 from 8275.
    > > Comments?
    > >
    > > Jeff B
    >
    > :o) that's one of THE top scores for 3DM2003 isn't it? I want the
    > 800XT!!!!! Doesn't matter what it costs, I want THAT card! I hope it
    > is out for me birthday. My 50th bday in fact, so it should be something
    > very GOOD eh? :)
    > McG.

    You mean the X800XT ? Isn't that the "Platinum" card ?

    Luck;
    Ken
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Ken Maltby wrote:
    >> jeff b wrote:
    >>> I reran 3dm03 with the OpenGL tab turning off
    >>> anio and fsaa, previously they were set at 2x.
    >>> My score rose to 10105 from 8275.
    >>> Comments?
    >>>
    >>> Jeff B
    >>
    >>> o) that's one of THE top scores for 3DM2003 isn't it? I want the
    >> 800XT!!!!! Doesn't matter what it costs, I want THAT card! I hope
    >> it is out for me birthday. My 50th bday in fact, so it should be
    >> something very GOOD eh? :)
    >> McG.
    >>

    > You mean the X800XT ? Isn't that the "Platinum" card ?
    >
    > Luck;
    > Ken
    Yep. The specs and features list show it does even video capture
    direct. It's also the faster card, etc. I want it :) !!!!
    McG.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Morgan wrote:
    > Thanks for your update.
    >
    > Just to clarify....
    >
    > You now get 10105 in 3D 2003 with no AA or AF and using the 4.5 drivers,
    > with the rest of your machine spec as previously stated...?

    Yes, correct.

    Jeff B
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    > I feel better seeing a score of 10105 than 8275! How does it feel with
    > games in general compared to what you had before?

    The biggest win was Far Cry. With my 5600u, many scenes were
    a slide show. My timedemo went from 11.8 to 58.5, I am VERY impressed.

    The 12 pipelines must
    > be awesome.

    Not only that, but actually, I need still more vid card!
    You see, I also upgraded to the Apple 23" Cinema HD LCD
    display that is 1900x1200 res. In Ut2004 and Call of Duty,
    I run at 1900x1200 and it's smooth as can be. I average
    100 fps in CoD, never goes below 60. Same with UT2004.
    But, Far Cry is another story. At 1280x768, it's amazingly smooth,
    around 90 fps all the time. At 1900x1200, I'm getting
    40+ fps, but I feel a definite lag in mouse response. Playable,
    but doesn't feel crisp like 1280x768. So, I figure I'll need
    the x800xt for Far Cry.
    I can get a full refund until June 26, hopefully the xt will be out by then.
    BTW, the image quality on this monitor playing Far CRy is breathtaking,
    it's like a different game.

    Jeff B
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    > The biggest win was Far Cry. With my 5600u, many scenes were
    > a slide show. My timedemo went from 11.8 to 58.5, I am VERY impressed.

    That's excellent. I heard a lot of bad things about the GeForce FX
    series, and when I hear experiences like this, it re-enforces those
    comments. Great to hear that the X800 Pro has provided that tremendous of
    a boost for you!

    > Not only that, but actually, I need still more vid card!
    > You see, I also upgraded to the Apple 23" Cinema HD LCD
    > display that is 1900x1200 res.

    I saw one of those one day totally by chance a couple of years ago,
    although I'm sure the tech has advanced since then. Anyway, I could not
    believe how impressed I was at the time. It cost an arm and a leg ($6000
    Canadian plus sales tax), but there was no denying how awesome it looked
    and I really appreciated the wide screen aspect. It had a real presence
    about it overall.

    > In Ut2004 and Call of Duty,
    > I run at 1900x1200 and it's smooth as can be. I average
    > 100 fps in CoD, never goes below 60. Same with UT2004.
    > But, Far Cry is another story. At 1280x768, it's amazingly smooth,
    > around 90 fps all the time. At 1900x1200, I'm getting
    > 40+ fps, but I feel a definite lag in mouse response. Playable,
    > but doesn't feel crisp like 1280x768. So, I figure I'll need
    > the x800xt for Far Cry.

    That's incredible. I wonder how much CPU a person will need to fully see
    the Pro and XT cards to their full potential.

    > I can get a full refund until June 26, hopefully the xt will be out by
    then.
    > BTW, the image quality on this monitor playing Far CRy is breathtaking,
    > it's like a different game.

    Thanks for relaying your experience and enjoy the new card! I have a 9800
    Pro and do most of my gaming in 1024x768 with AA and AF turned off, so I'm
    going to sit out this round of the battle between nVidia and ATI (chances
    are I will build a whole new box from the ground up in late 2005 or early
    2006). Still, I appreciate hearing of these sorts of positive upgrade
    experiences!
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 03:54:19 GMT, jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote:

    >> I feel better seeing a score of 10105 than 8275! How does it feel with
    >> games in general compared to what you had before?
    >
    >The biggest win was Far Cry. With my 5600u, many scenes were
    >a slide show. My timedemo went from 11.8 to 58.5, I am VERY impressed.
    >
    > The 12 pipelines must
    >> be awesome.
    >>

    >Not only that, but actually, I need still more vid card!
    >You see, I also upgraded to the Apple 23" Cinema HD LCD
    >display that is 1900x1200 res. In Ut2004 and Call of Duty,
    >I run at 1900x1200 and it's smooth as can be. I average
    >100 fps in CoD, never goes below 60. Same with UT2004.
    >But, Far Cry is another story. At 1280x768, it's amazingly smooth,
    >around 90 fps all the time. At 1900x1200, I'm getting
    >40+ fps, but I feel a definite lag in mouse response. Playable,
    >but doesn't feel crisp like 1280x768. So, I figure I'll need
    >the x800xt for Far Cry.
    >I can get a full refund until June 26, hopefully the xt will be out by then.
    >BTW, the image quality on this monitor playing Far CRy is breathtaking,
    >it's like a different game.
    >
    >Jeff B

    Where on earth did you buy it where they will let you return it like
    that?..

    I found one at CompUSA online for $399 but in about 5 hours they where
    sold out again. :( I didn't act fast enough to grab it.

    Pluvious
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Apple 23" Cinema HD LCD
    >>display that is 1900x1200 res.
    >

    > I saw one of those one day totally by chance a couple of years ago,
    > although I'm sure the tech has advanced since then.

    My Sammy 19"
    LCD is the best around now, and yet this monitor beats it.
    The improvement is a very noticeable decrease in the smearing that
    all LCDs have. Also, the colors are more natural on the apple.

    > That's incredible. I wonder how much CPU a person will need to fully see
    > the Pro and XT cards to their full potential.

    Dunno, but I am almost totally CPU bound in UT2004. I get only
    a 20% improvement in timedemos. Yet in Far Cry, I get 91 fps in
    my reference scene (the first map) and just 13 fps with the nvidia.
    This at 1280x1024.

    > Thanks for relaying your experience and enjoy the new card!

    Thanks for the kind words, happy gaming!

    Jeff B

Radeon GPUs ATI Graphics