All-in-wonder Card Purchase advice

I am thinking of upgrading from a system with GeoForce Ti 4200 to an
ATI All-in-wonder 9600, 9600 Pro, 9700 Pro. Are there any marked
difference between these cards ? Is there a Nividia equivalent ?
Thanks.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Malam" <malamilia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am thinking of upgrading from a system with GeoForce Ti 4200 to an
> ATI All-in-wonder 9600, 9600 Pro, 9700 Pro. Are there any marked
> difference between these cards ? Is there a Nividia equivalent ?
> Thanks.

The 9600 and 9600 Pro AIW are OK but not great speed wise. Still, way better
than a 9000 or 9200 AIW. The 9700 AIW was good, but no longer produced.
There may be old stock out there. A better choice is the 9800 AIW.....very
fast but pricey.

Malam wrote:

> I am thinking of upgrading from a system with GeoForce Ti 4200 to an
> ATI All-in-wonder 9600, 9600 Pro, 9700 Pro. Are there any marked
> difference between these cards ? Is there a Nividia equivalent ?
> Thanks.

One difference is that the 9600 AIWs have dual VGA-out but no DVI. The 9700
and 9800 AIW have only one video output other than the TV-out, but that one
is DVI that can also support VGA with an adapter.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Augustus wrote:
> "Malam" <malamilia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I am thinking of upgrading from a system with GeoForce Ti 4200 to an
>> ATI All-in-wonder 9600, 9600 Pro, 9700 Pro. Are there any marked
>> difference between these cards ? Is there a Nividia equivalent ?
>> Thanks.
>
> The 9600 and 9600 Pro AIW are OK but not great speed wise. Still, way
> better than a 9000 or 9200 AIW. The 9700 AIW was good, but no longer
> produced. There may be old stock out there. A better choice is the
> 9800 AIW.....very fast but pricey.

It's come down to $399! :) I'm thinking of getting one if I can't get
my paws on an X800XT pretty soon!
McG.

Thanks. Was the production of 9700 Pro stopped because of any field
problems ?

> Thanks. Was the production of 9700 Pro stopped because of any field
> problems ?

No, just updated and replaced by the 9800 series.

Thanks, I have ordered an ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Pro this morning. In
anticipation of the delivery and installation, are you aware of any
problems with Antec True 430 power supply and ASUS P4T533C mboard and
this video card ? I read on a website that some people had problems
with some power supply and mboards. Is anyone out there with the same
mboard and Antec PSU with this video card ?

Thanks.