HELP. ATI 9600SE + CUSL2 = No video at all

Particulars:

OS : XP Pro service pack 1
MB : Asus CUSL2 - Bios Version 1.009
memory : 512 MB PC133

Currently I have a Saphire 9100 - 64MB card - works great.

Tried to install an ATI 9600SE - 128 MB card and I get no video at
all.

Any suggestions or ideas???

Thanks

ps.remove "spam" to send e-mail directly.

Kent_Diego

> Currently I have a Saphire 9100 - 64MB card - works great.
>
> Tried to install an ATI 9600SE - 128 MB card and I get no video at
> all.
>
> Any suggestions or ideas???

There are some motherboards that cannot supply the current needed for the
more powerful video cards. Is motherboard capable of AGP 4x? Check card
seating. Do you have different power supply to test with?

-Kent

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 22:24:16 -0700, "Kent_Diego" <None@Nomicrosoft.com>
wrote:

>> Currently I have a Saphire 9100 - 64MB card - works great.
>>
>> Tried to install an ATI 9600SE - 128 MB card and I get no video at
>> all.
>>
>> Any suggestions or ideas???
>>
>There are some motherboards that cannot supply the current needed for the
>more powerful video cards. Is motherboard capable of AGP 4x? Check card
>seating. Do you have different power supply to test with?
>
>-Kent

The CUSL2 supports AGP 1/2/4/PRO. I have an Enermax 430W or 450W
powersupply, that should not be the problem.

I would not think that there would be much current draw difference
between the 9100 and the 9600se....but who knows.

Now, looking at the manual for the MB, they tell you to remove the
safety tab if you are inserting an AGP PRO card.....hmmmm.

Any one know for sure if that is what it could be?