  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
January 19, 2005 10:09:04 AM

i want my guest to b able to sign on from a idle mode to the internet on xp
using their guest icon
--
eddy

More about : guest signing

January 19, 2005 6:25:00 PM

it's my understanding that a Guest account cannot initiate an internet
connection, by design. however, if an internet connection is made by
another account, then the Guest account can make use of it.

is has often been recommended that the Guest account not be used for
internet access.

fastarow wrote:
> i want my guest to b able to sign on from a idle mode to the internet on xp
> using their guest icon
January 19, 2005 8:12:12 PM

fastarow wrote:
> i want my guest to b able to sign on from a idle mode to the internet on xp
> using their guest icon

Don't use the guest account - in fact unless you are running a
peer-to-peer network with XP Home edition, turn it off! Create a limited
User account for your visitors and use that.

--
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

To email me replace the obvious!
!