guest signing on

i want my guest to b able to sign on from a idle mode to the internet on xp
using their guest icon
--
eddy
2 answers Last reply

    it's my understanding that a Guest account cannot initiate an internet
    connection, by design. however, if an internet connection is made by
    another account, then the Guest account can make use of it.

    is has often been recommended that the Guest account not be used for
    internet access.

    fastarow wrote:
    > i want my guest to b able to sign on from a idle mode to the internet on xp
    > using their guest icon

    Don't use the guest account - in fact unless you are running a
    peer-to-peer network with XP Home edition, turn it off! Create a limited
    User account for your visitors and use that.

    --
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    To email me replace the obvious!

Security Microsoft Windows XP