Can not unhide Default UserMy documents

January 19, 2005 11:33:01 AM

In WinXP Pro SP2, I can not unhide the Default User\My Documents folder under
Documents and Settings. I can't see it even with Show hidden files and
folders turned on in Windows Explorer. It is the only folder in the Default
User folder that doesn't show up, the other hidden ones do. Anyone have any
ideas? Thanks.
January 19, 2005 8:10:11 PM

Mizzleman wrote:
> In WinXP Pro SP2, I can not unhide the Default User\My Documents folder under
> Documents and Settings. I can't see it even with Show hidden files and
> folders turned on in Windows Explorer. It is the only folder in the Default
> User folder that doesn't show up, the other hidden ones do. Anyone have any
> ideas? Thanks.

It's called Administrators Documents, and why would you need to see it
anyway?

--
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

To email me replace the obvious!
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 8:10:12 PM

Gordon,
Thanks for the reply. I was kind of thinking that was it but wasn't sure.
Anyway, one of our programmers decided to use it to copy things to the local
machine. I don't know why and didn't know about it until the application was
done. Why she isn't using a temp folder I can't guess. Thanks again.

"Gordon" wrote:

> Mizzleman wrote:
> > In WinXP Pro SP2, I can not unhide the Default User\My Documents folder under
> > Documents and Settings. I can't see it even with Show hidden files and
> > folders turned on in Windows Explorer. It is the only folder in the Default
> > User folder that doesn't show up, the other hidden ones do. Anyone have any
> > ideas? Thanks.
>
> It's called Administrators Documents, and why would you need to see it
> anyway?
>
> --
> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
>
> To email me replace the obvious!

January 19, 2005 9:21:44 PM

Mizzleman wrote:
> Gordon,
> Thanks for the reply. I was kind of thinking that was it but wasn't sure.
> Anyway, one of our programmers decided to use it to copy things to the local
> machine. I don't know why and didn't know about it until the application was
> done. Why she isn't using a temp folder I can't guess. Thanks again.

Did you manage to see it?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(4 weeks and