Can not unhide Default UserMy documents

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

In WinXP Pro SP2, I can not unhide the Default User\My Documents folder under
Documents and Settings. I can't see it even with Show hidden files and
folders turned on in Windows Explorer. It is the only folder in the Default
User folder that doesn't show up, the other hidden ones do. Anyone have any
ideas? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about unhide default usermy documents
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Mizzleman wrote:
    > In WinXP Pro SP2, I can not unhide the Default User\My Documents folder under
    > Documents and Settings. I can't see it even with Show hidden files and
    > folders turned on in Windows Explorer. It is the only folder in the Default
    > User folder that doesn't show up, the other hidden ones do. Anyone have any
    > ideas? Thanks.

    It's called Administrators Documents, and why would you need to see it
    anyway?

    --
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    To email me replace the obvious!
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Gordon,
    Thanks for the reply. I was kind of thinking that was it but wasn't sure.
    Anyway, one of our programmers decided to use it to copy things to the local
    machine. I don't know why and didn't know about it until the application was
    done. Why she isn't using a temp folder I can't guess. Thanks again.

    "Gordon" wrote:

    > Mizzleman wrote:
    > > In WinXP Pro SP2, I can not unhide the Default User\My Documents folder under
    > > Documents and Settings. I can't see it even with Show hidden files and
    > > folders turned on in Windows Explorer. It is the only folder in the Default
    > > User folder that doesn't show up, the other hidden ones do. Anyone have any
    > > ideas? Thanks.
    >
    > It's called Administrators Documents, and why would you need to see it
    > anyway?
    >
    > --
    > gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
    >
    > To email me replace the obvious!
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Mizzleman wrote:
    > Gordon,
    > Thanks for the reply. I was kind of thinking that was it but wasn't sure.
    > Anyway, one of our programmers decided to use it to copy things to the local
    > machine. I don't know why and didn't know about it until the application was
    > done. Why she isn't using a temp folder I can't guess. Thanks again.
    >

    Did you manage to see it?

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(4 weeks and
    counting!)
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
    to email me remove the obvious!
Ask a new question

Read More

Default Windows Explorer Microsoft Windows XP