tcpip 4226

event ID:4226

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the
number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

hey! guys I have the same warning...and can't stand it!!!

the thing is my internet explorer stop working randomly even though I m
still connected due to that tcp\ip warning..if i m already connected to
emule it will carry on workin but not explorer, mozzila or messenger,
if
that matter!

it started 2 days ago whilst there were no program running....that's
basicly why i can't find out what started it all!!!!(turn on the pc one
day and there it was!)
somethime it comes back to normal for a while or if i disconnect and
reconnect obviously it will work till the warnning comes back (usually
30 sec).

DO I REALLY HAVE TO PLAY WITH MY TCP\IP .SYS OR THERE ANOTHER WAY???
who's fault is this? hardware, software or service prov??

i don't want to change the sys because I (or apparently no programs)
changed it at the first place...

i try the patch from:

http://www.lvllord.de/?url=tools#4226patch
i upgrade the 10 connections limit i had to 50 but nothing changed???

thanks guys

Im not a pro and really don't mind if you explain to me like if I was a
5 year old!!!

""""

well after all I try again following the tip from the author of the
patch and instal the patch
in safe mode as the administrator otherwise it may be automatically
cancel by the system!!!!

NO LUCK!!! PLEASE HELP[
5 answers Last reply
More about tcpip 4226

    i tryed the patch 2.12 at the first time r you tryin to tell me to use
    the2 .11 patch???

    i just try to put the max 1677728 connection and i seeing the result
    just now we'll see how long it can hold it!?!?!
    i'll come back on this one meanwhile i m looking your links just now

    a last thing as you seem to be ok with the move i did...

    if i automatically keep my pc uptodate with the window automatic
    update will it erase the patch i used for the tcp\ip connection(lvllord
    4226patch 2.12) ????
    once again I'm really impress of you dedicaton to help people thanks.

    TCP/IP and NBT configuration parameters for Windows XP

    Remove the limit on TCP connection attempts
    http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497

    Windows XP SP2 to limit Max Connections/sec
    http://www.msfn.org/print.php?id=9017

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "el pendejo" wrote:

    | event ID:4226
    |
    | TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the
    | number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.
    |

    | hey! guys I have the same warning...and can't stand it!!!
    |
    | the thing is my internet explorer stop working randomly even though I m
    | still connected due to that tcp\ip warning..if i m already connected to
    | emule it will carry on workin but not explorer, mozzila or messenger,
    | if
    | that matter!
    |
    | it started 2 days ago whilst there were no program running....that's
    | basicly why i can't find out what started it all!!!!(turn on the pc one
    | day and there it was!)
    | somethime it comes back to normal for a while or if i disconnect and
    | reconnect obviously it will work till the warnning comes back (usually
    | 30 sec).
    |
    | DO I REALLY HAVE TO PLAY WITH MY TCP\IP .SYS OR THERE ANOTHER WAY???
    | who's fault is this? hardware, software or service prov??
    |
    | i don't want to change the sys because I (or apparently no programs)
    | changed it at the first place...
    |
    | i try the patch from:
    |
    | http://www.lvllord.de/?url=tools#4226patch
    | i upgrade the 10 connections limit i had to 50 but nothing changed???
    |

    | thanks guys
    |

    | Im not a pro and really don't mind if you explain to me like if I was a
    | 5 year old!!!
    |
    | """"
    |
    | well after all I try again following the tip from the author of the
    | patch and instal the patch
    | in safe mode as the administrator otherwise it may be automatically
    | cancel by the system!!!!
    |
    | NO LUCK!!! PLEASE HELP[

    Keep your system up-to-date with Windows Updates,
    use a good antivirus program and make sure your firewall
    is enabled. You should have no further issues.

    Good Luck!

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "el pendejo" wrote:

    | thanks for the damn fast reply( was about 2min 12sec!!!)
    |
    | there's no warnning appearing yet but who knows...I'm still waiting for
    | a ****** but if there's none should i stay at this state as it will
    | increase by a lot the chance of spreading any worm....? Should i carry
    | on looking for better ways?
    |
    | thanks

    No, the patch should remain and not be overwritten.
    (To the best of my knowledge)

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "el pendejo" wrote:

    a last thing as you seem to be ok with the move i did...

    | if i automatically keep my pc uptodate with the window automatic
    | update will it erase the patch i used for the tcp\ip connection(lvllord
    | 4226patch 2.12) ????
    | once again I'm really impress of you dedicaton to help people thanks.

Security TCP/IP Windows XP