  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 3, 2004 2:56:31 AM

if you don't use FSAA and 16xAF

this card has very little interest and is way overprice...

http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/sapphire/x800pro/

I'll keep my 9800pro for now...

More about : x800 pro results par 9800xt

Anonymous
June 3, 2004 12:31:24 PM

"Dude" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> if you don't use FSAA and 16xAF
>
> this card has very little interest and is way overprice...
>
> http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/sapphire/x800pro/
>
> I'll keep my 9800pro for now...

Pretty much all of my gaming is done in 1024x768 with AA and AF turned
off, so I know that my 9800 Pro will also go the distance. However, in
all fairness, I believe processors have some catching up to do before we
see any of these new high-end video cards working at their full potential.
I agree that the new cards aren't necessary unless you are really cranking
up the resolution as well as AA and AF, but as time goes on, the 9800 Pro
will buckle before these new cards do. Still, I'm hanging onto what I
have. I bought my 9800 Pro last year with visions of having it for a
while. After 11 months of owning it so far, I still have zero reason to
get something else. But I'm not going to let my point of view interfere
with the enjoyment anyone might get from the new cards - as long as people
aren't being cocky about it, I enjoy hearing of positive upgrade
experiences as a whole.
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 3:49:53 PM

Spoken like a true humanitarian

Tony

"NightSky 421" <nightsky421@no-mail-please.com> wrote in message
> "Dude" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > if you don't use FSAA and 16xAF
> >
> > this card has very little interest and is way overprice...
> >
> > http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/sapphire/x800pro/
> >
> > I'll keep my 9800pro for now...
> >

> Pretty much all of my gaming is done in 1024x768 with AA and AF turned
> off, so I know that my 9800 Pro will also go the distance. However, in
> all fairness, I believe processors have some catching up to do before we
> see any of these new high-end video cards working at their full potential.
> I agree that the new cards aren't necessary unless you are really cranking
> up the resolution as well as AA and AF, but as time goes on, the 9800 Pro
> will buckle before these new cards do. Still, I'm hanging onto what I
> have. I bought my 9800 Pro last year with visions of having it for a
> while. After 11 months of owning it so far, I still have zero reason to
> get something else. But I'm not going to let my point of view interfere
> with the enjoyment anyone might get from the new cards - as long as people
> aren't being cocky about it, I enjoy hearing of positive upgrade
> experiences as a whole.

June 3, 2004 8:58:59 PM

also, in the uk anyway, the 2 cards are similarly priced so the obvious
choice would be the x800 pro even if you don't use these features your not
lossing any cash so what the hell.

Shiva

"NightSky 421" <nightsky421@no-mail-please.com> wrote in message
> "Dude" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > if you don't use FSAA and 16xAF
> >
> > this card has very little interest and is way overprice...
> >
> > http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/sapphire/x800pro/
> >
> > I'll keep my 9800pro for now...
> >

> Pretty much all of my gaming is done in 1024x768 with AA and AF turned
> off, so I know that my 9800 Pro will also go the distance. However, in
> all fairness, I believe processors have some catching up to do before we
> see any of these new high-end video cards working at their full potential.
> I agree that the new cards aren't necessary unless you are really cranking
> up the resolution as well as AA and AF, but as time goes on, the 9800 Pro
> will buckle before these new cards do. Still, I'm hanging onto what I
> have. I bought my 9800 Pro last year with visions of having it for a
> while. After 11 months of owning it so far, I still have zero reason to
> get something else. But I'm not going to let my point of view interfere
> with the enjoyment anyone might get from the new cards - as long as people
> aren't being cocky about it, I enjoy hearing of positive upgrade
> experiences as a whole.

Anonymous
June 3, 2004 10:22:51 PM

I agree

Thats why I've just ordered an X800 XT

;¬)

Sean

"Dude" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> if you don't use FSAA and 16xAF
>

> this card has very little interest and is way overprice...
>
> http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/sapphire/x800pro/
>

> I'll keep my 9800pro for now...

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 1:54:09 AM

Lol, you 9800 pro boys justify your purchase any way you want if it makes
you feel better

;-)
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 4:19:48 AM

"pRot3us" <prot3usremove@proteusremovethispart.freeserve.co.removeuk> wrote
in message news:40bf5e6b$0$6331$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net...
> I agree
>
> Thats why I've just ordered an X800 XT
>
> ;¬)
>
> Sean

"justify your purchase any way you want if it makes
you feel better"
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 5:14:46 PM

I bought my 9800 Pro 128 in February (Best Buy sale). I paid $200 and
*that's* all the justification I require <VBG> IMHO, much wiser than
"...mine is faster than yours." justification ;-)
--
Tally Ho!
Ed Forsythe

"Mark Jeffries" <fdsdf@fsdfsdf.com> wrote in message
> Lol, you 9800 pro boys justify your purchase any way you want if it makes
> you feel better
>
> ;-)

Anonymous
June 5, 2004 10:49:15 AM

Couldnt agree more, buying a 9800 pro for sub 200 bucks is great value.
Probably the best bang for the buck we will see for quite a while
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 10:50:33 AM

No way!

In the UK the 9800 pro is available for 150 quid from many places
!