Locking Down Windows XP

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am looking to lockdown portions of windows xp on several computers that
will be used for public access. I have already created "restricted accounts"
but I need it to go a little deeper then that. The users will only need to
access the programs folder. I would like to disable access to "my computer",
"printers and faxes", "control panel", "windows explorer". Is this something
that can be done relatively easily or is there some software that I can
purchase that can get the job done or can someone point me towards a website
that can give me more info?
I appreciate any comments...thanks ahead of time...

How To Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882&Product=winxp

Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!