abit KT7A + ati 9800 or gforce4 mx 4000

i have 2 systems with kt7a raid running old 3D cards,
recently i bought a geforce 4 mx 4000 to replace one card but it didnt work,
card worked fine one an old Pent3 pc....
i recently received an ati 9800pro aiw (original was doi) ... guess what ...
didnt work either on the kt7a systems

i dont hear a beep, nothing on the monitor...

tried latest bios and previous bios, resetting bios settings, removed other
pci cards....
i'm waiting for reply from Abit but i dont have alot hope it will be
resolved.

guess i better dump this mobo....
2 answers Last reply
More about abit kt7a 9800 gforce4 4000

    forgot to add.... is *anyone* using kt7A with any of those card successfully
    ??

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:43:20 GMT, "MtA" <mta@invalidisp.be> wrote:

    >i have 2 systems with kt7a raid running old 3D cards,
    >recently i bought a geforce 4 mx 4000 to replace one card but it didnt work,
    >card worked fine one an old Pent3 pc....
    >i recently received an ati 9800pro aiw (original was doi) ... guess what ...
    >didnt work either on the kt7a systems
    >
    >i dont hear a beep, nothing on the monitor...
    >

    >tried latest bios and previous bios, resetting bios settings, removed other
    >pci cards....
    >i'm waiting for reply from Abit but i dont have alot hope it will be
    >resolved.
    >

    >guess i better dump this mobo....

    There are many compatibility issues with several radeons, several
    nvidia cards and abit kt7.

    You can try some other manufacturer´s card.

    I have tried Sapphire 8500LE with kt7 and the result was:
    long error beep and the screen remains black.

    I changed it to Hercules 8500LE and that worked fine with kt7.

    Club Radeon 9800 Pro did not work an my kt7a.

    I changed it to Msi 9800 pro and it works on my kt7a.

Radeon BIOS ATI Graphics