Direct x 9 support

I been reading alot reports that nvidia is not following Direct X 9 truly.
That there only doing minimun unlike ati .While ati has full support for the
spec and nvidia is not following full spec.Want to know which card has full
support for direct x 9 . I want to upgrade to either a 5900 or a 9800 pro
128mb is what I can afford.

"wired and confused" <johnsongerry@comcast.net> wrote in
<T9Svc.14875$sI.12907@attbi_s52>:

>I been reading alot reports that nvidia is not following Direct X 9
>truly. That there only doing minimun unlike ati .While ati has full
>support for the spec and nvidia is not following full spec.Want to know
>which card has full support for direct x 9 . I want to upgrade to either
>a 5900 or a 9800 pro 128mb is what I can afford.

Nvidia does 16bits or 32bits ... 16bits is subpar with Dx9 specs... 32bits
is above dx9 specs.

The reason why nvidia has to actually use the 16bits ...is because of if
they used only 32bits then their FX series would perform subpar!

wired and confused wrote:

> I been reading alot reports that nvidia is not following Direct X 9
> truly. That there only doing minimun unlike ati .While ati has full
> support for the spec and nvidia is not following full spec.Want to
> know which card has full support for direct x 9 . I want to upgrade
> to either a 5900 or a 9800 pro 128mb is what I can afford.

The short and simple answer for you is that both cards will do DX9 ...
the 9800 Pro will do it faster.

regards

@ndrew