Cannot Remove Spyware Files Running

I had Spybot detected some spyware files and removed most of them except some
are running in the memory and had to be removed after re-boot. Then, even a
few of the spyware files were removed but it said I need to remove them only
after re-boot again. However, the remained files could not be further
removed by Spybot before start up after further re-boot.

How could I get rid of the remaining files always run in the background
right after start-up of the Windows?

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

Hi:
In Start\Run\type; msconfig\Start and uncheck the spyware files.
next; Start\Run\regedit.msc\ look in both hives for the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\
Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ look in all the Run keys for
spyware entries and delete them.
Next run Spybot in Safe Mode to fully clean your system.

To logon in safe mode press F8 repeatedly at the Welcome Screen.

Hope this helps.

"Barney" <Barney@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> I had Spybot detected some spyware files and removed most of them except
some
> are running in the memory and had to be removed after re-boot. Then, even
> few of the spyware files were removed but it said I need to remove them
only
> after re-boot again. However, the remained files could not be further
> removed by Spybot before start up after further re-boot.
>
> How could I get rid of the remaining files always run in the background
> right after start-up of the Windows?

Follow the directions on Clean Booting WinXP below...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Scan in Safe Mode.

--
Dave

"Barney" <Barney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I had Spybot detected some spyware files and removed most of them except some
| are running in the memory and had to be removed after re-boot. Then, even a
| few of the spyware files were removed but it said I need to remove them only
| after re-boot again. However, the remained files could not be further
| removed by Spybot before start up after further re-boot.
|
| How could I get rid of the remaining files always run in the background
| right after start-up of the Windows?

I had the same problem trying to remove a toolbar with Spybot. Turns out it
was on my wife's side of the computer. Running a scan from that side allowed
me to remove it.