9500 works in 2D only

Hi, took this out of an older PC but when I installed it in a newer one, it
just crashes whenever any 3D is involved. Works fine for desktop and 2D
progs. Fan works + power plug is in, used latest drivers (+ previous ones
too just in case). Any ideas? Thx

"J Alex Temple" <Taligent99@yahoooo.com> wrote in
<SBZvc.750$Js1.293@newsfe1-win>:

>Hi, took this out of an older PC but when I installed it in a newer one,
>it just crashes whenever any 3D is involved. Works fine for desktop and
>2D progs. Fan works + power plug is in, used latest drivers (+ previous
>ones too just in case). Any ideas? Thx

Overheating? Probalby overheating!

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Alex,
My 9500 pro did the same thing with 3D games and it stopped when I replaced
my cheap 300w power supply with a antec 400w.

Randy

"Randy" <cakeman47@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Alex,
> My 9500 pro did the same thing with 3D games and it stopped when I
replaced
> my cheap 300w power supply with a antec 400w.
>
> Randy

Hmm, that would be a simple solution, the new case is definitely a cheapo
one... I suspect this might be the problem rather than overheating (thanks
for suggestion tho Avenger!). Unfortunately when I took the card out again,
I bent the power socket on it about 45 degrees; hopefully it'll still work
but knowing me...*sigh*

Thx again,

Alex