Limit User Time

a b 8 Security
January 20, 2005 6:55:01 AM

I've tried to limit the hours a user can log on to XP Home using net user
/time and it appears to work - for a short time. The next day all the
settings have disappeared. I'm using an administrator login to set times for
days of the week for another restricted user.
Why are the settings disappearing?
Does this feature work on XP Home?

More about : limit user time

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 20, 2005 11:37:16 AM

How do I restrict a User's Logon hours?
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_restrict_users.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

User Time Control 2.1
http://www.gold-software.com/download8300.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Area D" wrote:

| I've tried to limit the hours a user can log on to XP Home using net user
| /time and it appears to work - for a short time. The next day all the
| settings have disappeared. I'm using an administrator login to set times for
| days of the week for another restricted user.
| Why are the settings disappearing?
| Does this feature work on XP Home?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 20, 2005 7:27:03 PM

Area D wrote:

> I've tried to limit the hours a user can log on to XP Home using net user
> /time and it appears to work - for a short time. The next day all the
> settings have disappeared. I'm using an administrator login to set times for
> days of the week for another restricted user.
> Why are the settings disappearing?
> Does this feature work on XP Home?
Hi

Below is some third party programs listed that should work better for
you, they will also log off the the user when time is up.

1st Security Center
http://www.1securitycenter.com/

<quote>
The powerful feature "User Working Time" allows you to limit working
time for your children , office colleagues , students and so on. You
can define several time intervals and time durations to manage users
working time very easy.
</quote>

User Time Control
http://www.gold-software.com/download8300.html

<quote>
It allows you to set limits on how much time your child spends on the
computer or online. User Time Control Center lets you specify when
exactly and how long the computer can be used and define users which
will be allowed to use the computer without any limits.
</quote>

WatchDog
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Lockdown/WatchDog...

<quote>
WatchDog 8.3 is the ultimate application to restrict and monitor the
time that you or others spend on the computer. Each user can have
their timing period based on daily, weekly, monthly or unlimited.
WatchDog's security measures block out unauthorized access completely.
</quote>

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: