Limit User Time

I've tried to limit the hours a user can log on to XP Home using net user
/time and it appears to work - for a short time. The next day all the
settings have disappeared. I'm using an administrator login to set times for
days of the week for another restricted user.
Why are the settings disappearing?
Does this feature work on XP Home?
2 answers Last reply
More about limit user time

    How do I restrict a User's Logon hours?
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_restrict_users.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    User Time Control 2.1
    http://www.gold-software.com/download8300.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    Area D wrote:

    > I've tried to limit the hours a user can log on to XP Home using net user
    > /time and it appears to work - for a short time. The next day all the
    > settings have disappeared. I'm using an administrator login to set times for
    > days of the week for another restricted user.
    > Why are the settings disappearing?
    > Does this feature work on XP Home?
    Hi

    Below is some third party programs listed that should work better for
    you, they will also log off the the user when time is up.

    1st Security Center
    http://www.1securitycenter.com/

    <quote>
    The powerful feature "User Working Time" allows you to limit working
    time for your children , office colleagues , students and so on. You
    can define several time intervals and time durations to manage users
    working time very easy.
    </quote>

    User Time Control
    http://www.gold-software.com/download8300.html

    <quote>
    It allows you to set limits on how much time your child spends on the
    computer or online. User Time Control Center lets you specify when
    exactly and how long the computer can be used and define users which
    will be allowed to use the computer without any limits.
    </quote>

    WatchDog
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Lockdown/WatchDog.shtml

    <quote>
    WatchDog 8.3 is the ultimate application to restrict and monitor the
    time that you or others spend on the computer. Each user can have
    their timing period based on daily, weekly, monthly or unlimited.
    WatchDog's security measures block out unauthorized access completely.
    </quote>

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Security Microsoft Windows XP