Stll getting black screen with 9600pro

Hi there People:
Well thought this problem was solved but just got blacked out again,
Monitor not receiving signal just connectors everything solid. Went to the
ATI site and picked the ati removal tool worked good it removed all traces
of my old ATI furry pro. then install this as new hardware (followed ATI's
installation instructions too).
Was just wondering if I should up grade Active X controls to 9.. I'm
running 8.1 right now but if I don't really need the 9 I would rather not
for it'll take an hour or so to download.. Any Help here would be Greatly
Appreciated..

Lightnen

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:04:36 -0400, "Lightnen"
<lightnenNotHere@mnsi.net> wrote:

>Hi there People:
> Well thought this problem was solved but just got blacked out again,
>Monitor not receiving signal just connectors everything solid. Went to the
>ATI site and picked the ati removal tool worked good it removed all traces
>of my old ATI furry pro. then install this as new hardware (followed ATI's
>installation instructions too).
> Was just wondering if I should up grade Active X controls to 9.. I'm
>running 8.1 right now but if I don't really need the 9 I would rather not
>for it'll take an hour or so to download.. Any Help here would be Greatly
>Appreciated..
>
> Lightnen

I presume you mean DirectX, Lightnen. Depends. If you want to play
current games and get the best from your card then, yes, you do need
DX9.x. If you're just using a word processor and playing the
occasional solitaire game then no, you don't. Your decision. Might
be worth getting broadband. ;-)

patrickp

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:04:36 -0400, "Lightnen"
<lightnenNotHere@mnsi.net> wrote:

>Hi there People:
> Well thought this problem was solved but just got blacked out again,
>Monitor not receiving signal just connectors everything solid. Went to the
>ATI site and picked the ati removal tool worked good it removed all traces
>of my old ATI furry pro. then install this as new hardware (followed ATI's
>installation instructions too).
> Was just wondering if I should up grade Active X controls to 9.. I'm
>running 8.1 right now but if I don't really need the 9 I would rather not
>for it'll take an hour or so to download.. Any Help here would be Greatly
>Appreciated..
>
> Lightnen

Quite a few people seem to be having this problem of the monitor
losing signal. I think this is a driver issue because like I said,
the 4.3 driver works fine for me, but the monitor constantly loses
signal with 4.4 and 4.5. Others have reported that none of the 4.x
drivers seem to work for them. Still others have reported that
slightly upping the AGP voltage in the BIOS fixes the problem for
them.

David

I was wondering about doing the voltage thing but it only seems to have what
it is useing, I think the voltage should be moved like ya say but don't
think its possible with the SiS-K-7sem system, bummer

"David Kehler" <dkehler33REMOVE@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:04:36 -0400, "Lightnen"
> <lightnenNotHere@mnsi.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi there People:
> > Well thought this problem was solved but just got blacked out
again,
> >Monitor not receiving signal just connectors everything solid. Went to
the
> >ATI site and picked the ati removal tool worked good it removed all
traces
> >of my old ATI furry pro. then install this as new hardware (followed
ATI's
> >installation instructions too).
> > Was just wondering if I should up grade Active X controls to 9.. I'm
> >running 8.1 right now but if I don't really need the 9 I would rather not
> >for it'll take an hour or so to download.. Any Help here would be Greatly
> >Appreciated..
> >
> > Lightnen
> >
> Quite a few people seem to be having this problem of the monitor
> losing signal. I think this is a driver issue because like I said,
> the 4.3 driver works fine for me, but the monitor constantly loses
> signal with 4.4 and 4.5. Others have reported that none of the 4.x
> drivers seem to work for them. Still others have reported that
> slightly upping the AGP voltage in the BIOS fixes the problem for
> them.
>
> David

Gonzo

I have an SiS based Athlon board and I do recall a similar problem and that
I fixed it my turning off the power saving features in my CMOS. My current
8500dv AIW card did not have this peculiarity.

Using an underpowered PS would be my 2nd guess.