Remote wonder problem, please help.

tsunami

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004

I recently bought the ATI Remote Wonder, and followed the installation
instructions, restarting my XP Pro, SP1 box at the end of the driver
installation procedure.
However, when it restarted, I got an error message telling me that the
required module could not be found (but not giving me any idea what
module it was it couldn't find).
I decided to check my services and found that the Human interface
device access service was not running. It also couldn't find the
required module when I tried to start it, but I asked on the Microsoft
news group, and someone kindly told me which DLLs etc. I needed to
sort that out.
However, that still hasn't fixed my Remote Wonder which still refuses
to start.
Could someone please help me and let me know what I need to do to get
it working.
Thanks for any help offered,

Dave Ross
--
Tsunami
"the geek shall inherit the earth"

BudMan

Had a similar problem with my AIW remote not starting. I was getting an
error message that said "cannot rundll as an app". Here is the solution
that ATI gave me.
Regarding the error "Run a DLL as an App".

This issue should be corrected by installing the X10Drivers.exe. This can be
downloaded from the URL included below.

http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

I installed the ATI remote wonder software then downloaded this file and ran
it. At first I got an error message but after plugging in the remote into
the USB and doing a restart everything works fine. It turns out that the
old king of pop ups, X10 supplies the remote for ATI.