Enableing Firewall for Kodak easyshare e-mail

January 20, 2005 9:37:01 AM

Hello,

I was hopeing for some help here. I have spoke with Kodak and they have
determined that the problem was with the firewall in servicepak 2. My problem
is after I download my pictures from my DX4000 printer dock and then try to
e-mail them I get a not connected to the internet message and I am connected
thru yahoodsl. The tech told me to look for a file with ess in it and enable
it. I do not know the procedure(if there is one) to enable the firewall. Can
you help?
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 7:13:06 PM

scoopdog wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was hopeing for some help here. I have spoke with Kodak and they have
> determined that the problem was with the firewall in servicepak 2. My problem
> is after I download my pictures from my DX4000 printer dock and then try to
> e-mail them I get a not connected to the internet message and I am connected
> thru yahoodsl. The tech told me to look for a file with ess in it and enable
> it. I do not know the procedure(if there is one) to enable the firewall. Can
> you help?
Hi

Description of the Windows Firewall feature in Windows XP
Service Pack 2

Understanding Windows Firewall/Introduction (3 pages)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/inter...

The Cable Guy - February 2004
Manually Configuring Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cabl...

Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2

A much more detailed version:
Troubleshooting Windows Firewall in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: