Enableing Firewall for Kodak easyshare e-mail

Hello,

I was hopeing for some help here. I have spoke with Kodak and they have
determined that the problem was with the firewall in servicepak 2. My problem
is after I download my pictures from my DX4000 printer dock and then try to
e-mail them I get a not connected to the internet message and I am connected
thru yahoodsl. The tech told me to look for a file with ess in it and enable
it. I do not know the procedure(if there is one) to enable the firewall. Can
you help?
1 answer Last reply
More about enableing firewall kodak easyshare mail

    scoopdog wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I was hopeing for some help here. I have spoke with Kodak and they have
    > determined that the problem was with the firewall in servicepak 2. My problem
    > is after I download my pictures from my DX4000 printer dock and then try to
    > e-mail them I get a not connected to the internet message and I am connected
    > thru yahoodsl. The tech told me to look for a file with ess in it and enable
    > it. I do not know the procedure(if there is one) to enable the firewall. Can
    > you help?
    Hi

    Description of the Windows Firewall feature in Windows XP
    Service Pack 2

    Understanding Windows Firewall/Introduction (3 pages)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfintro.mspx

    The Cable Guy - February 2004
    Manually Configuring Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0204.mspx

    Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2

    A much more detailed version:
    Troubleshooting Windows Firewall in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7628646-131d-4617-bf68-f0532d8db131&DisplayLang=en

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Firewalls Email Kodak Windows XP