Windows98 problem

I have a gateway computer with Win98 in it. I ran Ad-Adware to get rid
of spywire. It gave amessage saying 'tbps,exe' , 'pib.exe' in
c:/programfiles/toolbar are a serious threat and it needs quartine.
The same message it gave for 'c:..../commonfiles/wintools/wtoolsA.exe'
.. But I went ahead and deleted it manually. When I rebooted the
computer, it started to hang for no reason. If it works ok, if I try
to open a link from a site, the new window will be hanging. Pls help
me with this problem

Since its a "Win98" problem, do you try the experts in the Win9x newsgroups?

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!

"VI" <viswamiyer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a gateway computer with Win98 in it. I ran Ad-Adware to get rid
> of spywire. It gave amessage saying 'tbps,exe' , 'pib.exe' in
> c:/programfiles/toolbar are a serious threat and it needs quartine.
> The same message it gave for 'c:..../commonfiles/wintools/wtoolsA.exe'
> . But I went ahead and deleted it manually. When I rebooted the
> computer, it started to hang for no reason. If it works ok, if I try
> to open a link from a site, the new window will be hanging. Pls help
> me with this problem

XP.. 98.. all looks the same in 'classic' view, eh

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Admiral Q" <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NOSPAM)@(SPAMNOT)hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:uaw2Xwz$EHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Since its a "Win98" problem, do you try the experts in the Win9x
> newsgroups?
>
> --
> Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
>

> "VI" <viswamiyer@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have a gateway computer with Win98 in it. I ran Ad-Adware to get rid
>> of spywire. It gave amessage saying 'tbps,exe' , 'pib.exe' in
>> c:/programfiles/toolbar are a serious threat and it needs quartine.
>> The same message it gave for 'c:..../commonfiles/wintools/wtoolsA.exe'
>> . But I went ahead and deleted it manually. When I rebooted the
>> computer, it started to hang for no reason. If it works ok, if I try
>> to open a link from a site, the new window will be hanging. Pls help
>> me with this problem

http://www.pchell.com/support/wintools.shtml
Wintools Removal Instructions and Help