Hidden partition after creating Master CDs

I just intalled a new Packard Bell EasyNote E1245.

I made recovery Master CDs with the supplied tool.

According to the user manual, creating these Master CDs frees space on
a 4GB partition which should appear as a new D: drive.

This is not the case: the partition does not appear in "My Computer".
It is there, however: if I check the "Volumes" tab for the hard disk
in "My Computer"'s hardware properties/peripherals manager, I see a
4GB FAT32 partition named "RESTDONE" with no drive letter.

How can I whether make it usable or (even better) remove it and claim
the space for my C: partition?

Thank you in advance for any help.
5 answers Last reply
More about hidden partition creating master
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    > According to the user manual, creating these Master CDs frees space on
    > a 4GB partition which should appear as a new D: drive.
    >
    > This is not the case: the partition does not appear in "My Computer".
    > It is there, however: if I check the "Volumes" tab for the hard disk
    > in "My Computer"'s hardware properties/peripherals manager, I see a
    > 4GB FAT32 partition named "RESTDONE" with no drive letter.
    >
    > How can I whether make it usable or (even better) remove it and claim
    > the space for my C: partition?

    You can't add it to the existing C drive without first destroying the
    main partition (needing a complete reinstall obviously).

    Maybe it's there but has not been made into a logical drive yet, have
    you tried doing that ?

    --
    Lordy
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Have you tried parttion magic
    "Lordy" <spam@recycle.bin> wrote in message
    > > According to the user manual, creating these Master CDs frees space on
    > > a 4GB partition which should appear as a new D: drive.
    > >
    > > This is not the case: the partition does not appear in "My Computer".
    > > It is there, however: if I check the "Volumes" tab for the hard disk
    > > in "My Computer"'s hardware properties/peripherals manager, I see a
    > > 4GB FAT32 partition named "RESTDONE" with no drive letter.
    > >
    > > How can I whether make it usable or (even better) remove it and claim
    > > the space for my C: partition?
    >
    > You can't add it to the existing C drive without first destroying the
    > main partition (needing a complete reinstall obviously).
    >
    > Maybe it's there but has not been made into a logical drive yet, have
    > you tried doing that ?
    >

    > --
    > Lordy
  3. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    > Have you tried parttion magic

    Me or him ?

    I always use good old FDisk :)

    --
    Lordy
  4. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    I try to reply in a diagonal
    Elecltor has told me this is the best way

    I am not quite savy as to how
    So I reply diagonally to the last post and these
    are follow ups

    Parttion magic will allow the partition to
    be included in the main partition

    A partition can be hidden by ghosting
    That is another story all together

    Partition Magic can see this and resize the main
    partition
    > > Have you tried parttion magic
    >
    > Me or him ?
    >
    > I always use good old FDisk :)
    >

    > --
    > Lordy
  5. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "metronid" <metronid@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I try to reply in a diagonal
    > Elecltor has told me this is the best way
    >
    > I am not quite savy as to how
    > So I reply diagonally to the last post and these
    > are follow ups
    >

    > Parttion magic will allow the partition to
    > be included in the main partition
    >
    > A partition can be hidden by ghosting
    > That is another story all together
    >

    > Partition Magic can see this and resize the main
    > partition

    Ha ha "it was a suggestion to bottom post" since there are only a few
    (Ben and yourself) that top post I have grown use to the posting style
    and read your posts as well as Ben's with some difficulty. But I have
    been following this thread and partition magic is the answer since it
    can resize a drive that has already been set and extend and or delete
    partitions and reclaim space I think the SyQuest Partition Magic was
    the response you gave and is a good one.

    Elector

Packard Bell Partition Computer Computers