Importing Palm Desktop Date Book into Outlook?

April 21, 2004 9:10:24 AM

I made the upgrade from Palm to Pocket PC and now want to transfer my
existing date book entries into Outlook. Palm Desktop only gives you the
option to export them as a DateBook Archive (*.dba) file. Outlook won't
recognize it. What do I do?
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 9:10:25 AM

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 05:10:24 GMT, "Eric"
<eihatespamgoettl@naddaspammmmearthlink.net> wrote:

>I made the upgrade from Palm to Pocket PC and now want to transfer my
>existing date book entries into Outlook. Palm Desktop only gives you the
>option to export them as a DateBook Archive (*.dba) file. Outlook won't
>recognize it. What do I do?

You either need to export them as a CSV file, and import them that
way, or if you still have the Palm and it came with Pocket Mirror,
install Pocket Mirror and synchronize the Palm to Outlook.

--
Rob Borek
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Hi,
You can also try using Resync like the user describes at
http://www.cewindows.net/commentary/myconversion.htm

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.cewindows.net

"Eric" <eihatespamgoettl@naddaspammmmearthlink.net> wrote in message
>I made the upgrade from Palm to Pocket PC and now want to transfer my
> existing date book entries into Outlook. Palm Desktop only gives you the
> option to export them as a DateBook Archive (*.dba) file. Outlook won't
> recognize it. What do I do?

Related resources
April 21, 2004 1:26:53 PM

At one time you could also sync Palm with Yahoo! and then sync Yahoo! back
to outlook.

Andrew

"Rob Borek [MS MVP]" <rborek@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 05:10:24 GMT, "Eric"
> <eihatespamgoettl@naddaspammmmearthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >I made the upgrade from Palm to Pocket PC and now want to transfer my
> >existing date book entries into Outlook. Palm Desktop only gives you the
> >option to export them as a DateBook Archive (*.dba) file. Outlook won't
> >recognize it. What do I do?
>
> You either need to export them as a CSV file, and import them that
> way, or if you still have the Palm and it came with Pocket Mirror,
> install Pocket Mirror and synchronize the Palm to Outlook.
>
> --
> Rob Borek
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
> Want *ONE ON ONE* support? http://www.pocketpcone2one.com
> Please place all replies into the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
April 22, 2004 5:21:27 AM

Only problem is the Palm is DOA. I dropped and cracked the screen. It
won't sync anymore some I'm left with the data on the desktop. No option
for a CSV file. Just dba.

!